Ok. so there has to be at least one person that can help me with this who is computer savvy so anyway i want to put a second hard drive on my computer for my self to use apart from the one my family uses because it has been filled up with usless junk making it really slow, so therefore a second hard drive seperate from theres. now heres my question, i know that you can switch the hard drives by turning off the computer and switching the master and slave cords and the other cords but is there an easier way to do that so i dont have to turn of the computer and switch the cords everytime??
"As long as I'm satisfied with my work, I'm not too concerned with what any critics think, but when I can stand on a stage and see a lot of smiling faces in the crowd, it makes it all worthwhile." ? Randy Rhodes
Buy an external harddrive? its a lot easier and will plug into your computer via usb or firewire

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
You can buy an external USB connected hard drive, that is my recommendation. To go any farther would require us to know what kind or hard drive you have now (IDE ot SATA hard drive connects). Also you wouldn't want to just switch (if you had two internal hard drives) between master and slave willy nilly because whichever has the OS system needs to be the boot drive and you need to know how to configure that, so I think for you it would be just easier to get an external.
Quote by dale-banez

my gear:
oh wait, no one cares

Quote by uncboy19
man all guitars are female. if they werent you couldn't make sweet love to them with your fingers. ok somebody better quote that ****. thats like quantum guitar **** rite there.
If you're dead set on getting a separate internal drive, wait for the weekly ads to come out and go by the biggest one you can. Plug it in (surely you can figure out how to do that) and make sure you have the jumper configured for slave. You can either a) configure both drives with a separate OS and just boot for whichever one you want or b) just put your files on the hard drive.
It's a cold world, so homie bundle up. We ain't on this grind for nothing, now get your hustle up.