Page 1 of 2
What are your feelings about Guitar Hero?

For me it was influential in getting me to start playing guitar, I always wanted to,
I just didn't think I could do it. After playing GH2 on expert for a while, i decided to pick up the real thing. Now GH3 is taking a back seat to the 6 string, but I still love playing with a plastic controller occasionally.
As a video game, it's about average. All the kids who can brag about playing *insert song here* on expert can just fuck off though.
i play both. though i played guitar for like 6 and a half years before knowing what guitar hero even was let alone play it. I got aerosmith a couple days ago and it is one of the best games i have ever played. very fun.
Gear for now:
Ibanez RG370DX
Line 6 Spider III 30
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by rocker138
Quote by frozen_soul
umm stank puss? im not a man of "blackspeak" if someone would care to elaborate lol

Her vajayjay don't smell okaykay
I love it. Its really addictive, especially when you want to be better than people
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Not gonna lie, it's hella fun.
--------------------

I LOVE DRAGONBALL Z
Quote by brandonmontana
What are your feelings about Guitar Hero?

For me it was influential in getting me to start playing guitar, I always wanted to,
I just didn't think I could do it. After playing GH2 on expert for a while, i decided to pick up the real thing. Now GH3 is taking a back seat to the 6 string, but I still love playing with a plastic controller occasionally.

It's fun with your friends occasionally.

But I would rather play a harmonized lead with some friends.
great game. Too bad musicians are soo snobbish and elitist when it comes to it.

And to people saying they like it : don't feel that you have to justify it, it's just a game like every other.
Rockband FTW!
Gear:
Guitars/ Basses:
PRS SE singlecut w/Tremolo
Epiphone Sg
Epiphone Thunderbird

Waiting in the wings:
Squier Strat mod
(soon to start)

Amps:
Line 6 Spider JAM
Peavey Max 115 bass amp
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
Rockband FTW!

More fun than guitar hero, if you got it on the 360 that is.

Other than that...idk...its fun.
It's pretty fun but I can't do any higher than medium.
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Quote by Surfer Rosa
great game. Too bad musicians are soo snobbish and elitist when it comes to it.

And to people saying they like it : don't feel that you have to justify it, it's just a game like every other.

Yes, musicians somehow feel threatend by plastic.
Seriously, musicians who say that people who play Guitar Hero suck and also that kids brag about being able to play a song on something are complete douches and ****ers.
very addictive i didn't stop until i could beat every song on expert now i'm pretty much done with it though
TS told my story. I think its great fun indeed, real time killer when you just want to play something alot easier than the guitar. But I hate the fanboys though. I know a guy who's like that and he's so annoying at times when he blabbers on about it.

He also says he plays guitar to people when the only thing he barely knows is the beginning of the intro to Nothing Else Matters and intro riff to Mississippi Queen.

What's even worse is that he told me he actually tried Cliffs of Dover on the guitar.

So basically, I love the game, but I hate what it does to some people, it's just sad really.
those kids that brag about beating songs on expert bug the hell out of me, then they think that they could do just as good on a real guitar if they "tried"
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Quote by -metalhead-
TS told my story. I think its great fun indeed, real time killer when you just want to play something alot easier than the guitar. But I hate the fanboys though. I know a guy who's like that and he's so annoying at times when he blabbers on about it.

He also says he plays guitar to people when the only thing he barely knows is the beginning of the intro to Nothing Else Matters and intro riff to Mississippi Queen.

What's even worse is that he told me he actually tried Cliffs of Dover on the guitar.

So basically, I love the game, but I hate what it does to some people, it's just sad really.

Lol, how logn have you been playing? And have you tried it?
Soon you will sit on the bench
of those who deny I have my soul
You sell a dream you create
Condemned by what you condemned before
Smooth are the words you sing down and high
Underground is your joy your laws
Personally, I like Rockband more. Better songs, graphics, and playing drums is alott of fun. But its pretty fun to play with other people, like a party game. Altho people who bragg about being good at it are pretty annoying.
to me GH and rock band are hardly comparable.
the guitar in GH is amazing.
the guitar in rock band is meh.
the drums in rock band are the best we've played so far...
and that seems to be the reason people say:
Quote by Bassmastajazzyj
Rockband FTW!
i like rockband better...but GH it's pretty cool.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
I don't know why, but I hate it how people only like songs because they're on Guitar Hero. For example the other day there was a guy listening to One on his iPod and I tried to start a conversation with him about Metallica. His reply was "Oh no, all their other stuff sucks, One is just awesome" or something like that. Annoys me.
Quote by brandonmontana
oh and STFU dxtreme.
****ing july 08'er

What does the register date have to do with anything? Does it make him smarter or dumber?
Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
What does the register date have to do with anything? Does it make him smarter or dumber?

my point, is, that he (or she) just joined and they're already flaming people.
Quote by brandonmontana
my point, is, that he (or she) just joined and they're already flaming people.

It's probably just a satiracal comment referring towards the South Park episode.
ah well i wouldn't know, i've never seen all of that one.
or seen much of south park at all.
i don't care much for it, it's funny @ times tho.
Its ok. I bought the on tour for the ds and the battle mode is really fun.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by MedicreDemon
Lol, how logn have you been playing? And have you tried it?

I have been playing for about a little under 1.5 years, and Cliffs of Dover is too hard for me. (No, I didn't hear the song through GH, unlike the guy I know. ) I haven't really tried playing it though, so with some practice, I guess I could get it down after a while.

I can play bits of it though, and to me he just sounded retarded when he told me he tried to play the song, simply because he doesn't know anything on guitar.
I've been playing guitar hero for like a year now and I beat every single guitar hero game on expert but I absolutely suck at the real thing and no I don't get perfect on every song, just two songs.
guitar hero is the gayest piece of crap ever invented. you get nowhere playing a piece of freaking plastic. pick up a real guitar.
I've never had a message for anyone in my entire life. Except maybe to give out my room number. - Bon Scott
They say there's a legend that they stole pieces of the guitar from GH guitar into the new RB2 guitars so that now it has the buttons of RB and the stummer of GH.

...And the rent was way HARDCORE!!!
Last edited by the_strikes at Aug 12, 2008,
It's a fun game and a lot of people (actual guitarists) take it too seriously. Some people don't have the time or patience to master the real instrument, so Guitar Hero is the next best thing.

I like Rock Band better though.
Quote by adtthosa
It's a fun game and a lot of people (actual guitarists) take it too seriously. Some people don't have the time or patience to master the real instrument, so Guitar Hero is the next best thing.

I like Rock Band better though.

I hate your sig (Pittsburgher here). ...

On-topic: I like the game, I hate kids who brag about beating a song on expert, and I hate that people only know songs from great bands because it was on GH.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
I enjoy the game, i dont worship it though.
I just play it with friends, when im bored and its to late to play real guitar(loud) or when fapping rips off all the skin off of William and it hurts to fap, so its a good alternative.
Grr why do people say rockband's guitar is meh? Do you download any songs that come out for it?...Just this week is a roadrunner metal pack,and last week had 2 system of a down songs that are hard as ****.Rockband is awesome as is the first two guitar heroes...but drums are'nt the only reason rockband is awesome.
Quote by wes_jett2008
Grr why do people say rockband's guitar is meh? Do you download any songs that come out for it?...Just this week is a roadrunner metal pack,and last week had 2 system of a down songs that are hard as ****.Rockband is awesome as is the first two guitar heroes...but drums are'nt the only reason rockband is awesome.

I can say those two songs are the most complicated on drums bar none.
pretty fun game. I'm actually going into a Guitar Hero competition at the mall around here in a few days. Just because the prize is $250, and I figure that's pretty easy money. Especially when the competition is making everybody play on medium unless both players can play on hard or expert. And expert isn't that hard to do, so... medium = t3h boringz. To me, at least. It was exciting before I learned that the orange button doesn't mean the end of the world.
Quote by the_strikes
I can say those two songs are the most complicated on drums bar none.

Man I know,BYOB gives me fits and i've been drumming for 6 years!...damn plastic set is harder then the real deal sometimes I think.
Page 1 of 2