So I play mostly rhcp and punk type stuff (At the drive-in, sparta, blink 182) and some fall of troy (thats probably as hard as I get...)

In my last thread I was recommended a crate v33 212. The cheapest I have found it for is at samash for $370ish after shipping. Not bad, its not in stock though. The v18 would be about $318 after shipping and it is in stock. I can wait I guess but I really would like my amp now

I was recommended the v33 but I really dont think I would need 33 watts. The amp will mostly be used in my bedroom, and occasionally be played around another guitar, a bass and a drum kit. 18w would be loud enough wouldnt it?

Are the V series the right type of amp for me and would it be worth waiting and spending an extra $50 bucks for a bigger amp?

Also, are the any major differences between the 2? I know the 33 has 2 channels and the 18 has 1.
the 18 won't have much headroom going clean if your playing with a band.
plus you won't be able to switch from clean to dirt on the fly so take that into consideration
Quote by guitaruboy
plus you won't be able to switch from clean to dirt on the fly so take that into consideration

+1
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by guitaruboy

He could use a distortion or overdrive pedal for that.
ya I have a fuzz, od and distortion on my pedal board.

I heard the 18 breaks up pretty quickly (around 3 on the gain control or maybe it was volume...) but i also heard you can mess with the gain and volume and still spit out a nice clean loud tone
I want to know who designed an 18w 212 combo so I can shout at them.

Try and get either of them as a 112 combo if you can, it's just better down the line if you want to swap components and is cheaper and easier to lug around.

If you need pristine cleans with a loud band, you need the 30w, but the 30w could get a bit much for bedroom practice - my 30w amp is too much for bedroom playing. And also the 18w one will likely be loud enough if you don't need an absolutely perfect clean tone. That said, i've never needed more than 15w and the biggest gig i've played was a 1000-capacity gymnasium...
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
http://columbiamo.craigslist.org/msg/730063056.html This would be worth a look.
The V18-112 would be good, but I think that Laney is better and would suit what you play. But MrCarrot is right as well that if you need pristine cleans, 30 watts. I don't have a problem playing at low volume with my 30 watt tho.

acdcrocks, I found a VC3112 today on Craigslist Las Vegas for $250, those are great amps too. Roadtrip?
found some v3112 on ebay for $344 free shipping. Is that a good price?

the v18 has a lineout feature which would be useful for recording but the v3112 also has one, im guessing thats the effects loop? since it has a line in as well? . how would the clean on the v18 compare to my fender fm25's clean?

I dont really think Ill NEED or atleast ever FEEL the need to be completely clean with a band..most of the time when I am jamming with them i have my od on or something.

Ok so basically its down to this

V3112 for $344
V33 for $368
V18 (2x12) for $318
Last edited by bboyjon at Jul 20, 2008,
these amps are pretty much the same correct (aside from power) and would all do well for the type of music I play?
Im thinking the v3112 will be the best deal since it already comes with a footswitch

Will this be a good amp for me?
Quote by bboyjon
found some v3112 on ebay for $344 free shipping. Is that a good price?

Considering we see them used for $250, why would you pay $100 more and not be able to try it before buying it? Yes all of them would work for the music you play. Why not consider the 15 watt Laney I sent you as well?
Quote by bboyjon
where do u see them for 250?

Craigslist. You have to be patient tho. The Laney I sent you earlier would be good for what you play and it's $250. Don't let size fool you on that amp, 15 watt tube is loud enough to play with a drummer. The V33 or the VC3112 would be good too. Check the options on the VC3112, not sure if it has reverb, some did, earlier ones didn't.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
the v18 only has 1 channel and no effects loop. if you need those then get the v33

the v18 would have enough headroom to use in a band setting

both the amps have a dark sounding, slightly muddy gain channel. tbh if you can snag a valveking for the same price id say go for that
if you love bbe products join the "i heart bbe" group. kthnx (click link below)
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ilovebbe/

Quote by Dempsey68
get a cheap marshall... my MG15DFX has a button that simulates the sound of one of the expensive tube marshall amps.