Has anyone here worked at GC before?

I'm considering applying for a job there since its a close workplace.
But I wanted to know what skills and whatnot i would need to work there.

And how much guitar knowledge would I need? Because I dont know a HUGE amount of technical things about guitar like how it works and all that.

Call me Trey.
Can you be an arogant jackass?
Quote by handbanana78

^First time I've ever made a funny

Quote by deathcore101

okay Mike my advice for you is, don't sleep with your sister
Quote by Mackawade
Can you be and arogant jackass?

roflroflroflroflroflrofleatthewaffle
/saracasm

Well you should try to be a genuine salesman but I doubt you'd need much knowledge. Some guy I asked a lot of questions about strap locks/strings was like I've used these *points to most expensive of both* on my Les Paul. LES PAUL!
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
Has anyone here worked at GC before?

I'm considering applying for a job there since its a close workplace.
But I wanted to know what skills and whatnot i would need to work there.

And how much guitar knowledge would I need? Because I dont know a HUGE amount of technical things about guitar like how it works and all that.

SEARCH feature

This has been asked many many times...
i've never seen teenagers working at guitar center.... the guys there are usually 18+

but hey, i could be wrong
I see no sign of fortress.
Quote by moody07747
SEARCH feature

This has been asked many many times...

i searched and found nothing.
Call me Trey.
You need to be 18+.....and have a pony tail....and you are not allowed to know anything about how any instrument works whatsoever. You must only listen to speed metal, all else is lame, cause these shredders are so ****ing kick ass that no one can top them. If you fulfill these requirements, I think they will hire you.
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP
You need to be 18+.....and have a pony tail....and you are not allowed to know anything about how any instrument works whatsoever. You must only listen to speed metal, all else is lame, cause these shredders are so ****ing kick ass that no one can top them. If you fulfill these requirements, I think they will hire you.

do you really have to be 18+?
Call me Trey.
just try and get a door job, but yes you have to be at least 18 to work there...you have to apply online though through like a pre-screening process. and ignore what people are saying, there may be some interesting people at guitar center but the truth is most are as helpful and friendly as can be...if you have questions about something, research it before you go there so you're absolutely positive
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
do you really have to be 18+?

You know he was telling the truth...about it all.
before your first shift, buy some earplugs.
you'll thank me later on.
A penny for my thoughts?

A bargain I say!

I'll give you a dollar

Take them all away...
Quote by jables23092
just try and get a door job, but yes you have to be at least 18 to work there...you have to apply online though through like a pre-screening process. and ignore what people are saying, there may be some interesting people at guitar center but the truth is most are as helpful and friendly as can be...if you have questions about something, research it before you go there so you're absolutely positive

Are you serious?
In all seriousness: Yes, you must be 18+. You apply online at www.guitarcentercareers.com for whatever position you want, and that puts you in the queue, and they'll call you when a spot is open. It helps to go in and talk to the manager personally to get acquainted, but in the end, he will just tell you to apply online anyway.

A fair amount of guitar knowledge is good to have, and it's especially good if you know how to restring all different types of guitars/bridge styles etc... They will train you, though, so you know everything you need to know. Everyone at the guitar center I work at is really cool. Those of you who say the employees are arrogant jackasses are foolishly generalizing. Hope that helps you, TS.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Fusanti_RHCP

You also need to have ridiculously obnoxious/freaking huge gauges in your ears.
If man is 5, if man is 5, if man is 5,
then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, then the Devil is 6, the Devil is 6,
And if the Devil is 6,

then God is 7, then God is 7, then God is 7
This monkey's gone to heaven.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
You know he was telling the truth...about it all.

My local GC it isnt true..

There's like maybe 2 workers i've seen that are like that..

all the other guys are jazzheads and blues guys.. pisses me off sometimes.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
i just got hired at GC Pasadena.

No arrogant jackasses there. I'm having a great time and even the people that come in are awesome.

PM me if you have any questions, i dont want to do it here where the whole world can contradict me.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by Spoony_Bard
In all seriousness: Yes, you must be 18+. You apply online at www.guitarcentercareers.com for whatever position you want, and that puts you in the queue, and they'll call you when a spot is open. It helps to go in and talk to the manager personally to get acquainted, but in the end, he will just tell you to apply online anyway.

A fair amount of guitar knowledge is good to have, and it's especially good if you know how to restring all different types of guitars/bridge styles etc... They will train you, though, so you know everything you need to know. Everyone at the guitar center I work at is really cool. Those of you who say the employees are arrogant jackasses are foolishly generalizing. Hope that helps you, TS.

thank you
Call me Trey.
Quote by Mackawade
Can you be an arogant jackass?

If that was the biggest prerequisite to work at Guitar Center, I'd be CEO by now.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

my friend worked there for a couple of months through the holidays. he hated it. he said everyone there was really arrogant and mean.
Quote by RyanGillam
You got to admire people that share their problems over the internet.

Quote by Våd Hamster
....You need a girlfriend whose name doesn't end in .jpg >_>