i'm currently saving for a 6505+. i love the distortion sounds and i can make do with the cleans but my only issue is the shared EQ on the rhythm channel (since, correct me if im wrong, this channel can bassically switch between distorted and clean).
i like to have a seperate channel for my rhythm sound and lead sound rather than boosting my rhythm. i wanna do the classic thing and use a tube screamer for boosting my lead sound (not that the lead channel on the amp would need much boosting).
so my question is if i were to get an eq pedal, would it be a good idea to use this to alter the EQ for the clean and rhythm sound on this amp and if so, what should i do with this channel, dial in a clean sound and use the eq for the rhythm or dial in a rhythm sound and use the EQ for the clean.

by the way, i found this question kind of difficult to word so i hope this made sense and sorry for any grammer mistakes :P
Sig space available, give me some praise
well you have to understand that if you buy an eq pedal, no matter what kind it is, its going to BOOST the eq that you already have set on your guitar, and your amp, and its not made to alter it.

If you want to have a completely differnt tone coming from your amp, a button for lead, and a button for rhythm, you have to have a 2 channel amp.

Line 6 spider 3 series i do beleive have 2 channels, and you can dial in distortions, eqs, and effects, then use the pedal board to switch back and forth between such.
Use the EQ for cleans, as they will need improving. Then, get a good OD, maybe with some other EQ options, other than just a tone knob. You should be set then.

EDIT: You really need 2 channels, so maybe check out Bogner amps or Randall stuff.
Quote by qotsa1998
Use the EQ for cleans, as they will need improving. Then, get a good OD, maybe with some other EQ options, other than just a tone knob. You should be set then.

EDIT: You really need 2 channels, so maybe check out Bogner amps or Randall stuff.

im thinking i might need 3 channels since i like to have a seperate eq for each channel and obviously i cant get that through a 6505+ but the thing is i really love the distortion of the 5150/6505...i might have a look at the rm100m by randall
What Im thinking is you could have your rhythm channel set for a clean EQ that you like and then you could add an EQ pedal and Tube screamer and adjust the EQ so you like it for distortion and then stomp on both for a rhythm and then just leave your lead channel and maybe use a tube screamer if you want.
Quote by A-5best
What Im thinking is you could have your rhythm channel set for a clean EQ that you like and then you could add an EQ pedal and Tube screamer and adjust the EQ so you like it for distortion and then stomp on both for a rhythm and then just leave your lead channel and maybe use a tube screamer if you want.

thats a pretty good idea actually...thanks