Im bored so i decided to turn this big post into a show your bass/strap lock thread xD, so yea, describe how you made it and show a picture of it, along with your bass . ill start
Last edited by Taygunov at Jul 20, 2008,
Quote by ashlew
tim commerford uses the rubber tops of Grolsch beer bottles

so do i
Bam
I do the same thing as you. It isn't that ingenious.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by ashlew
tim commerford uses the rubber tops of Grolsch beer bottles

my dad wont buy me cuz he thinks i will drink them and i am an infant
Quote by lordofthefood1
I do the same thing as you. It isn't that ingenious.

took me 15 min. to find them in my dads work desk you ass :'(
I spend $15 on straplocks because I like to be able to remove my strap and use it on whatever other guitar/bass I'm playing? That's a nice solution, except you have to take the strap pegs off to remove the strap.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I spend $15 on straplocks because I like to be able to remove my strap and use it on whatever other guitar/bass I'm playing? That's a nice solution, except you have to take the strap pegs off to remove the strap.

so if you can easily remove your strap from your bass/guitar , wouldn't that mean it could fall on stage , not telling/asking the chances, but isn't it possible ?

also i have over 10 straps and i really don't need to change it and i only have 3 basses and 2 guitars so i have plenty more backups
Quote by Taygunov
so if you can easily remove your strap from your bass/guitar , wouldn't that mean it could fall on stage , not telling/asking the chances, but isn't it possible ?

also i have over 10 straps and i really don't need to change it and i only have 3 basses and 2 guitars so i have plenty more backups

No, it wouldn't. Strap locks are designed just for that purpose: reliably holding on your strap AND being able to change straps with ease. I only have one guitar, so it doesn't bother me a bit.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by Taygunov

Not if you have to pull or push something to disengage the lock. Point of this thread is?
Gear:

Fender Mexi Fat Strat
2005 Taylor 614ce

Fender MIM J-Bass Fretless
How often do you really take off your strap and switch it around? I just buy one good one for each guitar I have, put those washers on, and leave it alone. I've only had to remove the strat twice, and that's because I sold the guitars.
Timmy-C from RATM uses bottle caps

Edit: aw beaten to it, maybe I shoud read the rest other posts before posting
Quote by taygunov

So if you have over 10 straps, thats probably like £70+ if you got el cheapo 2" nylon ones yeah.

I on the other hand can buy one strap and two sets of strap locks (can only buy a pair of recievers and clips) for my two guitars for ~£30.

Hmmm what should I do with the £40 i've saved myself?

Go out for a takeaway with my family, buy a **** load of beer, new effects pedal, new designer shirt, couple of pairs of jeans, buy my gf something from San Francisco, enough petrol to take me to the other end of the country.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Mecler
How often do you really take off your strap and switch it around? I just buy one good one for each guitar I have, put those washers on, and leave it alone. I've only had to remove the strat twice, and that's because I sold the guitars.

I use 4 instruments in most live shows (2 electric guitars, 1 acoustic, 1 bass) and I have one (very expensive) wide heavy leather strap that I use for all of them, sorry but straplocks are cheaper than buying straps at $30-$50 a pop, especially since after you get the initial lock set you only need to get the strap buttons for the other guitars. Plus by using one strap and switching I can do the switch faster and not have to worry about getting tangled up.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
I do exactly that! cool.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Jonnomainman
So if you have over 10 straps, thats probably like £70+ if you got el cheapo 2" nylon ones yeah.

I on the other hand can buy one strap and two sets of strap locks (can only buy a pair of recievers and clips) for my two guitars for ~£30.

Go out for a takeaway with my family, buy a **** load of beer, new effects pedal, new designer shirt, couple of pairs of jeans, buy my gf something from San Francisco, enough petrol to take me to the other end of the country.

Oh, you!

I'd say Jon has a fair point here. I'd rather spend less on good stuff than more on crap stuff.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by Jonnomainman

I wish $80 could get me across the country. My tank is $75 to fill and I could barely get to the other end of my state with that. What's the cost of living like in the UK?
Millie, my Peavey Grind Fiver
Peavey BAM 210 350w combo amp
Sansamp Bass Driver DI
Modded Ernie Ball VP Jr.
Monster Bass Cable, 21'

Quote by NakedBassist
Welcome to bass, you'll f*cking love it
I do that too, but mine aren't so obvious cuz my washers are smaller and my strap buttons are those cone shaped ones so half the pin is in the middle of the washer.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by t3hrav3n
I wish $80 could get me across the country. My tank is $75 to fill and I could barely get to the other end of my state with that. What's the cost of living like in the UK?

i think he might have been talking about one of the list...fuel is extortionate over here

On topic...i prefer strap locks, i still need to get some buttons for my other bass so that i can swap what i use.
How about this scenario? I am installing strap locks on two of my basses because I have one, count 'em one strap that actually fits my body size. The folks I gig with now are not going to be patient while I get out a Phillips screwdriver and take off my home made locks to change from one bass to the next.

Besides, does anyone else but me think its a shame to put something low rent on a bass that's really nice looking?
actually, my washers are really small and look like part of the strap pin. They work as well though. And I only have 1 bass...
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
I use 4 instruments in most live shows (2 electric guitars, 1 acoustic, 1 bass) and I have one (very expensive) wide heavy leather strap that I use for all of them, sorry but straplocks are cheaper than buying straps at $30-$50 a pop, especially since after you get the initial lock set you only need to get the strap buttons for the other guitars. Plus by using one strap and switching I can do the switch faster and not have to worry about getting tangled up.

Exactly

i even got inventive and put 4 of the straplocks on my strap (one for the horn and then 3 different ones at the other end) so that i can adjust the length because its a leather ones rather than a nylon one
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
i would use bottle caps but they dont come off once you put them off. unless you take off the whole pin
bass - That thing that goes bum bum bum.
Quote by anarkee
How about this scenario? I am installing strap locks on two of my basses because I have one, count 'em one strap that actually fits my body size. The folks I gig with now are not going to be patient while I get out a Phillips screwdriver and take off my home made locks to change from one bass to the next.

Besides, does anyone else but me think its a shame to put something low rent on a bass that's really nice looking?

well, it looks kinda grungy on a beat up bass. it's all about your personal style. if I ever got a fancy bass, I would probably be sticking the real thing on it. but I have a cheap Ibanez starter with dents and dings on it. so it works for me.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by anarkee

im gonna take that as a compliment
Quote by Taygunov
im gonna take that as a compliment

Lol. if that is your bass up in the first post, from the pictures, yes it looks to be a nice one.
Quote by anarkee
Lol. if that is your bass up in the first post, from the pictures, yes it looks to be a nice one.

thanks, it is, it's a ibanez prestige BTB
go with Grolsch beer tops. ive got them, and you have to force them off. and its a lot cheaper