Ok there is a tiny thread for these guys, but it failed badly the last time, so here we go again. Floridian insane death metallers with more than a hint of Morbid Angel about them. Absolutely killer, memorable riffs, and one John Longstreth's (Origin) first bands.

www.myspace.com/angelcorpse666

Hammer of Gods, The Inexorable and Exterminate are mandatory listening for anyone who claims to be a true death metal fan.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
they're good.
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Let down by bad production to say the least. Not a bad album by any stretch of the imagination though, if you ask me.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
I used to love Angelcorpse but these days it is starting to annoy me a bit haha some of the riffs remind me of Arkhon Infaustus/new Belphegor which isn't a good thing lol... and Pete Helmkamp... he really failed with Order from Chaos
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Nah man even just listening to Hammer of Gods... its as good as Altars of Madness. There, I said it

And yeah order from chaos were meh, dont know what happened there.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
OFC are really just a logical prelude to Slipknot i have no idea why they are hailed as gods of war metal next to bands like conqueror
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
i have the most recent angelcorpse cd, and i find the music boring, vocals bland and production weak. not terrible but not great. i suppose the older stuff could change my mind, anything is possible.
SHAOLIN DEATH SQUAD
The Inexorable is a wicked album. Not one of my faves of death metal, but great for a spin every once in a while.

Quote by The Virtuoso
Yes, you sir win the internet!

Quote by saphrax
To put it crudely, every hole is a goal.

what i find amusing is dawn of azazel are in their friends list............why would a band like this have a bunch of kiwi's in their friends list XP jokes lol
I am me. Live with it.
Angelcorpse was a band i could never get into to due to the raw black element in their sound. Only now do i see what a violent and ferocious assault of blasphemy they really are.John Longstretch really proved his worth on some of those earlier albums. I absolutely adore the Guitar solos, very Azagthoth inspired it seems.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

The riffs this band had were just ballbreaking.

An assault on your senses that works well.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Hammer Of Gods and Exterminate are awesome

Havn't heard The Inexorable or the latest album
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by MHDrunk
OFC are really just a logical prelude to Slipknot i have no idea why they are hailed as gods of war metal next to bands like conqueror

OFC and conqueror are way better than those posers(splipknot) and yes the band The bands I just mentioned are True Warriors of war metal THE EDGE OF FOREVER
Yeah angelcorpse is a good band pete makes up for it big time. I like the vocals alot on wolflust and yes the new albume its kind of boring But its angelcorpse, infact I saw them this year with GOTH and OFC(tribute band) so as other great bands
Bump of lightning death.... Soulflayer is currently making me drunker as I type due to its deadliness.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Shrapnel_fire
Yeah angelcorpse is a good band pete makes up for it big time. I like the vocals alot on wolflust

That song is mad.
Angelcorpse have disbanded..... Statement released today. Oh well, as good a time as ever I suppose.

We still have Apocalypse Command, Blasphemic Cruelty, and Revenge to keep us happy.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
have you ever seen Pete Helmkamps wife?

Ugghh...

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by mortiis999
Order From Chaos reunion is go. OFC's 'Stillbirth Machine' was way more interesting than any of the AC stuff, so good news really.

Plus a euro tour... I must give them a proper listen one of these days.

Jesus yer one is some mingbot ^^
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Inexorable was good fun, also I like their lyrical concepts.

Kinda of a less progressive father of the Faceless.
A less progressive father of the Faceless.....what? They sound nothing alike. Faceless are crappy wank tech death, Angelcorpse were vicious death metal.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
A less progressive father of the Faceless.....what? They sound nothing alike. Faceless are crappy wank tech death, Angelcorpse were vicious death metal.

Yeah it's a bizzarre comparison, proabably the only modern DM band he could think of.
*hands e-pint*

Youre saying what Im thinking.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by mortiis999
*Quaffs*

You off to Deathfest Uk?

Alas, I am not, as it clashes with exams. Leeds Uni is a great spot though, fairly easy to find and it was fairly cheap from what I can remember.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
So intense!! Cant believe I never caught them live...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Would be worthy of a show, like seeing Gorerotted, not whatever they're playing now. Would've been killer too.

Anyways, why'd they split?
Few issues regarding a bit of hostility between members I think, cant remember.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Yeah i have a feeling Pete had an issue with Of Lucifer And Lightening.In the notes in the vinyl he does'nt even show himself in the band picture.It's just his feet and reflection in a murky pool that does'nt reveal his face.It did'nt quite stand up to the other 3, but it was still a great album. The drum sound definately could be better though i must say.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Recommended threads
Demoncy ( 1 2 )
MHDrunk
Last post:
by Hoodoo Man