Well, I've been through 3 crappy mp3 players now, having paid $20-50 for all of them. I need something (preferably under $100, I'll spring for $150 if I really have to) that will last longer than a month and has at least 1 GB capacity. I've been shying away from iPods due to the lack of a good bass response and the fact that they probably aren't worth the loads of cash that they cost... correct me if I'm wrong though. Any thoughts?
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
It's pretty trivial these days, they are all pretty good.

The thing you should do is look on CNET or something for reviews; see which has the longest battery life or whatever.

The actual sound quality will depend more on if you have a decent set of earphones.
Samsung YP-P2 Seriously...get it if not go to anythingbutipod.com and look it up, I've had it and I can't complain.
Creative Zen

About 1.8g of space. I bought mine for $70...it's okay. It's tiny (literally)
The Pit. The Movie.
Look at some Creatve Zen ones. As long as you get one with a good screen on it, you should be set for awhile. And they are much cheaper than iPods or Zunes. A 4gb Zune is around $150 btw, and if you want bass response, get a good set of isolation earphones, like Skull Candy Ink'd buds, which are almost always under $20 or so.
iPod has a great bass response (well my 80gb at least) but they're all good. The quality of the sound depends on the quality of the mp3 and the quality of your headphones
I live near Lake Bodom WORSHIP MEEEEEEE

Quote by Sami Philadelph
LOL, for some reason the impression I get from you is like some wacky Frank Zappa of metal pulling pranks at the Grammys and telling crude jokes during interviews.
ders dis ting cawlled da ipawd i hur itz gud.
i hear those ones by creative are good and cheap.
Quote by tona_107
ders dis ting cawlled da ipawd i hur itz gud.
i hear those ones by creative are good and cheap.

Like your sister

I'm sorry...
The Pit. The Movie.
Sansa e240
4 gigs, similar in size and function to the iPod Nano.
It also plays video. I found mine in the snow after someone had dropped it, and it started right up. My friend's iPod was left in his glovebox overnight and was trashed when he woke up.

Also, they're about $120, give or take. You could find one used on ebay for probably $50.
Quote by Spay
Like your sister

I'm sorry...

at least she's worth the money and doesn't just lie there like a dead fish, similar to the way all of your female relatives are prone to act when engaging in sexual intercourse, whether for money or not.

: o
Quote by tona_107
at least she's worth the money and doesn't just lie there like a dead fish, similar to the way all of your female relatives are prone to act when engaging in sexual intercourse, whether for money or not.

: o

And how exactly would you know she's worth the money!?

-audible intake of breathe-

FOR SHAME
The Pit. The Movie.
Quote by Spay
And how exactly would you know she's worth the money!?

-audible intake of breathe-

FOR SHAME

you said she was good? and as i'm sure you already knew, my sister is actually a Taiwanese transvestite, so it would seem your sexual preference is questionable at best.
This is pretty funny.. I bought this little bastard a few months back at local store for about 12$. Just cause I wanted some music with me at work and didn't want to pay all too much...
The fact though, is that the sound in this one is actually better then that in my Ipod Nano that I had about a year ago. Unfortunately the quality of the player itself isn't all that great, but sound still remains fantastic. Talk about bargain

Quote by tona_107
you said she was good? and as i'm sure you already knew, my sister is actually a Taiwanese transvestite, so it would seem your sexual preference is questionable at best.

Of all the malicious hellions, you hyperbolical fiend who vexest thou this man. For now is the woodcock near the gin; and thou acts like a vile cockatrices at best.

If peace be restored then by all means, God bless.

Because your mother was a hampster and your father smelt of elderberries
The Pit. The Movie.
I've had this:

For a little more than a year and it's been good to me. I've dropped it, put it in my pocket with my keys, and even left it in the car in the heat and it still performs flawlessly.

It's a Sansa 2GB Clip, BTW.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
I have an ipod and it's great. No problems at all. Easy to use compared to all weird mp3s out there that has like 1000 buttons that are not needed at all. And mp3s such as the one above does in my opinion look like complete ****. I hate mp3s with black/white + some odd gay color, like green, orange or light blue. It's just plain ugly.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash