Page 1 of 2
Anyone know why they took Michael amott off the ESP website? He still uses their guitars. They are still for sale on a few websites as well
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
buddy, that aint no suprise to anybody, the dude jumps ship more than a found stowaway
Quote by Big Floyd
buddy, that aint no suprise to anybody, the dude jumps ship more than a found stowaway

please elaborate? Im a huge AE fan, and I havent found news of this anywhere.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by Whiskky
Wow, there's a Roope Latvala signature now.

Would be soo cool if it wasnt grey. Love those inlays.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
Quote by dcdossett65
Would be soo cool if it wasnt grey. Love those inlays.

And the EMG HZ, yuck.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Whiskky

I thought the same thing when I saw the artists.
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
Quote by Big Floyd

beat me to it.

I wouldn't doubt he's gone to another guitar company. I mean, in Carcass he used Ibanez, then switched to Gibsons during early Arch Enemy, then to ESP. Amp wise too; he used to use Marshall with Carcass, Peavey with Arch Enemy, switched to Krank, then to Randall. He constantly changes his endorsements.
He kicks ass, but I don't know if he left ESP
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
Maybe his brother converted him to Caparison. A Michael Ammot signature Orbit would be pretty cool.
Quote by Burpin'Worm
1fine69's car is bloody gorgeous.
just found this...

Arch Enemy guitarist Michael Amott has parted ways with the ESP guitar company. The partnership lasted eight years and included the ESP/LTD line of successful “Ninja” Michael Amott signature series guitars.

Michael Amott has issued the following statement:

“I wasn’t really planning on announcing this and making a big deal out of it – but there’s a flood of e-mails and messages coming my way, as well as speculations on various forums. So I would like to set the record straight.

“1. It is true that I have parted ways with ESP guitars.

“2. I have not yet decided on a new guitar company to work with”.

“I would like to express my deepest gratitude to everyone at ESP USA and ESP JAPAN as well as all the distributors around the world for all their hard work and support over the last eight years!”

“There’s no hard feelings, only good memories. It was just time to move on”.

“I am extremely excited about getting a ‘fresh start’ and what I can achieve with another, future company as far as developing new Michael Amott weaponry!”
Gear
Jackson DX10 Dinky
Dean Michael Schenker Standard
Dean ML XM (hot rodder)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Fender POS 75 Watt
MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde Overdrive
Quote by CharvelJackson6
just found this...

Arch Enemy guitarist Michael Amott has parted ways with the ESP guitar company. The partnership lasted eight years and included the ESP/LTD line of successful “Ninja” Michael Amott signature series guitars.

Michael Amott has issued the following statement:

“I wasn’t really planning on announcing this and making a big deal out of it – but there’s a flood of e-mails and messages coming my way, as well as speculations on various forums. So I would like to set the record straight.

“1. It is true that I have parted ways with ESP guitars.

“2. I have not yet decided on a new guitar company to work with”.

“I would like to express my deepest gratitude to everyone at ESP USA and ESP JAPAN as well as all the distributors around the world for all their hard work and support over the last eight years!”

“There’s no hard feelings, only good memories. It was just time to move on”.

“I am extremely excited about getting a ‘fresh start’ and what I can achieve with another, future company as far as developing new Michael Amott weaponry!”

Cue the Mikey Ammott Dean model...
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by Colgate Total
Cue the Mikey Ammott Dean model...

NOOOO!

R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
NOOOO!

why no? when micheal dies there will be tons of his signatures in every price range for everyone to buy and give dean all their money
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by ash_attack
why no? when micheal dies there will be tons of his signatures in every price range for everyone to buy and give dean all their money

There are only a few Dean models I like and can play without throwing the instrument down, so for me it's a big fat "PLEASE NO."

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by Slaytanic1993
There are only a few Dean models I like and can play without throwing the instrument down, so for me it's a big fat "PLEASE NO."

Yeah same here, a Michael Amott Dean model just wont feel right, besides in either bands he's in (Carcass and AE) have either used ESP or Ibanez, so it just wont feel right, maybe he'll go to Caparison.
Quote by Whiskky

there is a henkka t blacksmith bass on the bass section aswell.
i think ESP have realised children of bodom are a good marketing tool.

there is a lot going on about the carcass reunion (over here in the kingdom anyway) and i wonder if amott is using gibson v's for playing with carcass again?
Quote by Eric 666
Yeah same here, a Michael Amott Dean model just wont feel right, besides in either bands he's in (Carcass and AE) have either used ESP or Ibanez, so it just wont feel right, maybe he'll go to Caparison.

I think the best guess from me would be Caparisons, mostly because Chris has a sig (I think?).

If he uses Ibanez, I hope he pulls out that old RG550 he had in Carcass. Totally would fit the Arch Enemy "look."

Quote by eggsandham2
Quote by CJRocker
Alright Jackson, get to it...

For some reason I cant see him playing Jackson either.
Quote by Black-Metal
there is a lot going on about the carcass reunion (over here in the kingdom anyway) and i wonder if amott is using gibson v's for playing with carcass again?

Hey, he may go back to Ibanez, especially if he's gunna be playing with Carcass again. It'd be sick if Ibanez makes an RG550 based "Michael Amott Model." Or would it? Either way, he could go back to Ibanez.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
Hey, he may go back to Ibanez, especially if he's gunna be playing with Carcass again. It'd be sick if Ibanez makes an RG550 based "Michael Amott Model." Or would it? Either way, he could go back to Ibanez.

Thats an absolutely amazing image.
Quote by Eric 666
For some reason I cant see him playing Jackson either.

A LOT of guys play Jackson in that style. I think he would look at home with a King V or Kelly. Dean would be weird due to the odd headstock. Dean is a possibility though, as they seem to be buying people up lately. Dean is more likely than Jackson atm, as they aren't nearly as picky about who gets a sig.
Quote by CJRocker
A LOT of guys play Jackson in that style. I think he would look at home with a King V or Kelly. Dean would be weird due to the odd headstock. Dean is a possibility though, as they seem to be buying people up lately. Dean is more likely than Jackson atm, as they aren't nearly as picky about who gets a sig.

Doesn't matter the style, its just that Michael Amott and the Jackson vibe don't really mix, sure maybe the guys from CoB, maybe Amon Amarth, Kalmah anything like that, but I think that it would be weird seeing him play a King V, or even a Soloist. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a good addition since Jackson needs a couple of new signature models since ESP has taken them all, but for it to feel right, it should be something that either resembles the Ninja or the 550, its like trying to take B.B King from Lucille and giving him an ES-137, it just wouldn't feel right.
Quote by 1fine69
Maybe his brother converted him to Caparison. A Michael Ammot signature Orbit would be pretty cool.

+100
i love the orbit
i just wish i had the cash to get
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
No I don't think he would be a good Dean Endorsee because he changes to much, and most Dean People have played Dean forever
Quote by ShredGod George
yup, he does play an ibanez
a log with 6 pieces of yarn would be solid competition for it

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']Kick it in the dick.

Snakes have dicks, right?
The new Amott sig will be a purple version of the Hello Kitty Squier, with Pikachu inlays...

All kidding aside, it would be awesome if Ibanez made a custom V guitar for him, like the Ninja raped their VBT700. Whatever he uses next, I hope he keeps with the JB/59 'pup set.
damn i really thought the ninja was a badass guitar. but oh well, maybe he's just ready for a change. i could totally see michael playing a fender squier strat on the next arch enemy record. those guitars R00L!
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Eric 666

Thats an absolutely amazing image.

I'd buy that guitar.

Mainly just cuz i want an RFR RG550.

But still, an Amott Ibanez would be quite cool.
They should toss out the Herman and sam guitars and ibanez should make a michael ammot model.
Quote by jake911
They should toss out the Herman and sam guitars and ibanez should make a michael ammot model.

Ibanez make guitars for Dragonforce because it boosts their sales.
Quote by GeorgeWFletcher
Ibanez make guitars for Dragonforce because it boosts their sales.

+1

And why not? The Dragonforce boys clearly show their love for Ibanez and they are rather popular modern band; why not cash in eh?

EDIT: On topic; I don't really see where Michael Amott will go with his guitars now. Does he have to have a sig guitar?
If he were to go to ibanez i think he would go with the V-Blade for obvious reasons.
But a new Michael Amott signature would be awesome
Gear:
Schecter C-1 Artist
IbanezGXR20
Line 6 Spider ll 75
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Nano Small Stone
Alvarez FF60WR

Labyrinth Within
Quote by Eric 666

not sure if anyone notice but 2/4 of his biggest influences Dave Mustaine and Michael S. are with Dean.

I would love to see Amott with Dean.

I don't give a **** what anyone else says.
Last edited by herman ri2 at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by RG_FANMAN
beat me to it.

I wouldn't doubt he's gone to another guitar company. I mean, in Carcass he used Ibanez, then switched to Gibsons during early Arch Enemy, then to ESP. Amp wise too; he used to use Marshall with Carcass, Peavey with Arch Enemy, switched to Krank, then to Randall. He constantly changes his endorsements.

He's been with ESP for 8 years you ****ing dolt!
Guitars:
-Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
-Ibanez MTM2
Amplifiers and Cabinets:
-Peavey StudioPro
-Randall RH50T Head
-Behringer 4x12 cab
Pedals:
-Ibanez WD-7 Wah
-Boss SD-1
-MXR 10 Band Equalizer

7-String guitars are badass!
>_>

Does this mean they are going to discontinue the ninja?

Cause I REALLY wanted one... But I'm not really gonna have the money for one rite now... or anytime soon
Guitars:
Jackson JS300 Kelly
Jackson DK2 Dinky
Ibanez RG 7321
Ibanez Nylon acoustic

Amps:
Crate 15 watt(Broke)
Dean 10 watt amp
Peavey Valveking 112
Peavey XXX(Lookin for a cab...)

Pedals:
G2 Zoom Multi-FX(Tuner)