i just replaced my crappy sounding line 6 with a fender frontman 25r. i never would have suspected the sound this fender is capable of! especially when it looks just like my crappy frontman 15g.

what do you guys think of this amp? i dont think its bad for $150. maybe this is the wrong forum, but, are there any mods out there for this thing? like the epi valve jr?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Hold on a sec there...You have a Frontman 15 and you "upgraded" to the 25? I think that you should maybe return it and save up a bit more maybe.

But that's my opinion. If you really do think that the Frontman's worth it, then keep it.
I used to have one. The cleans are ok but the distortion is terrible.
Edit: Why would you buy the same amp? The 15G just doesnt have reverb.
"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel."- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Iceman 420
Hold on a sec there...You have a Frontman 15 and you "upgraded" to the 25? I think that you should maybe return it and save up a bit more maybe.

But that's my opinion. If you really do think that the Frontman's worth it, then keep it.

agreed

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

yeah...

...i hate to break the news to ya again but going from a solid state Frontman to a solid state Frontman is not an upgrade. It is just 10 watts more of the same thing. Unless you are only playing cleans and practicing there may have been better out there.

That is what we are here for. All of us. Too help.

Where did you buy it?

oh, and you really can't make a lot of modifications to it (like a tube Epi Valve) because most of the sound is coming from green circuit boards.

PS. I have a Frontman and like it for certain things so I'm not trying to knock you down.
it was an upgrade from my spider III 30w. i was skeptical because it was a step up from the 15. but the 25 imo sounds much better. i dont use distortion so the od on the frontman doesnt matter.
for a $200 budget, what would you have done to replace the sucky spider III?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
If you like it then that is all that matters. With the 10 inch speaker it probably sounds a bit fuller than the Fm15 and you said you didn't need the overdrive channel. Be happy with your new amp.
Doesn't sound like much of an upgrade, but whatever makes you happy.
It's Only Rock and Roll, But I like It
Quote by chagmaier
it was an upgrade from my spider III 30w. i was skeptical because it was a step up from the 15. but the 25 imo sounds much better. i dont use distortion so the od on the frontman doesnt matter.

That Epi you mentioned. Roland Cube. Fender Vibrochamp or used SuperChamp. Lower end Valvetronix maybe.
Quote by chagmaier

I dont know it looks like you went reverse, you bought a bad amp(the spider) and then bought an even crapier amp(fender) to replace it, you dont make any sense at all.
you should look used for the same money you could have gotten a used crate V15 or palomino, but yah take that junk back and get a super champ XD, there the ****, its like a bill extra but its a definate upgrade.
Quote by TheKaiser77
I dont know it looks like you went reverse, you bought a bad amp(the spider) and then bought an even crapier amp(fender) to replace it, you dont make any sense at all.

Yeeaah.

I'm hoping that your Frontman is more reliable than the 15 watt version, because my 15 watter has had more problems than my girlfriend's criminally insane brother...