Page 1 of 2
I often catch the train between Newcastle and I often end up taking my bass guitar with me.

TOday I had to bring back my Shergold Marathon bass guitar. This would be a lot easier if it weren't for the fact the bass is in it's original case, which weighs a TON. Added to this is a narrow handle which makes me feel like my fingers are being cut off when I'm carrying it.

I walked down to the station. This is when the problems started. This case I was carrying is roughly 4 1/2ft long and is very awkward to carry. People were constantly barging into me and then giving me rude comments about that 'bloody case'.

Then when i finally managed to get a trolley the thing was so unwieldy I kept accidently bumping into people and railings.

When I finally got onto the actual train there were no places left on the overhead rack and so I spent the journey getting my knees bashed by every jolt of the case and people going past.

I didn't even get any help actually loading the case onto the train, even though I was clearly struggling.

I really hate trains.....and travelling on them.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Then buy a gig bag and put it on your back in the station. Simple.

Unfortunately the shape of the bass means it won't fit in most gigbags- the headstock is too big and the body too wide.
there must be a gig bag for it somewhere surely?!?!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Did I ever tell you how much I love you?

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

I said "I'm over here, shorty".
Quote by dp2007
there must be a gig bag for it somewhere surely?!?!

I went to the local guitar shops and the techs couldn't find anything to fit, even Hiscox cases.
Quote by blair30
It sounds like your bad day was because of the case, not the train.

I personally have only had good experiences of the British metro.

Never been on the Yorkshire ones then I take it? It's like boarding a slum.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
and Hartlepool where I'm at right now...

Why'd you want to go to Hartlepool, or live in Hartlepool, which evers the case :P (I'm a stockton lad meself)

But yeah, I agree on the gig bag idea, that or not taking such a big bass with you

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Quote by Chaosinborn
its not the trains fault, its your bass

give it here

You probably don't want it... I do have to say, it is one of the fugliest basses I've ever seen And the fact that it costs less than £200 doesn't fill me with much hope on the quality.
Quote by guylee
you sure complain a lot, fassa

My fingers and mouth are complaining on behalf of my bruised knees....
Quote by daniel.mycoe
Never been on the Yorkshire ones then I take it? It's like boarding a slum.

Nah I stay north of the border. I will remember that advice though for my future travels.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I went to the local guitar shops and the techs couldn't find anything to fit, even Hiscox cases.

Must be one weird shaped bass.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']My father once said to me "Son, masturbation can stunt your growth and make you blind".

Quote by blair30
Nah I stay north of the border. I will remember that advice though for my future travels.

Yes, I was so disgusted I moved to Birmingham. Trains have TV's down here, its like moving to the future.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
You probably don't want it... I do have to say, it is one of the fugliest basses I've ever seen And the fact that it costs less than £200 doesn't fill me with much hope on the quality.

How can you say THIS-

- is ugly????

And my bass cost me £350!
Quote by Fassa Albrecht
I often catch the train between Newcastle and I often end up taking my bass guitar with me.

TOday I had to bring back my Shergold Marathon bass guitar. This would be a lot easier if it weren't for the fact the bass is in it's original case, which weighs a TON. Added to this is a narrow handle which makes me feel like my fingers are being cut off when I'm carrying it.

I walked down to the station. This is when the problems started. This case I was carrying is roughly 4 1/2ft long and is very awkward to carry. People were constantly barging into me and then giving me rude comments about that 'bloody case'.

Then when i finally managed to get a trolley the thing was so unwieldy I kept accidently bumping into people and railings.

When I finally got onto the actual train there were no places left on the overhead rack and so I spent the journey getting my knees bashed by every jolt of the case and people going past.

I didn't even get any help actually loading the case onto the train, even though I was clearly struggling.

I really hate trains.....and travelling on them.

STOP BEING SUCH A WHINEY ****ING BITCH. we dont care about the fact that you cant handle the fact that life is a bitch and you just have to get on with it.we dont care about your arguments with your stupid housemate either.
I really hate catching the train....especially with my grand piano.

so your lucky man. nobody even helped me getting it on the train. plus there was no extra room on the over head rack. So I spent the journey getting my knees bashed by every jolt of the grand piano and watching people crawl under and over it, giving me rude comments like "bloody piano".

Imagine if you where THAT guy...

Try making your own bag. Or wrap it up in somekind of material.
Quote by KurtCobain9898

so your lucky man. nobody even helped me getting it on the train. plus there was no extra room on the over head rack. So I spent the journey getting my knees bashed by every jolt of the grand piano and watching people crawl under and over it, giving me rude comments like "bloody piano".

Thank you I've just had a really good laugh
Quote by KurtCobain9898

LMAO!!
Quote by Karvid

He expected this.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
How can you say THIS-

- is ugly????

And my bass cost me £350!

How can you not find a gig bag for that!?!?!?!?

That's like a standard shape their should be tons of gig bags that fit that
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Quote by jeremessmore
fassa what shall your next complaint be?

I'm going to be all complained out by the end of this...
Quote by smb
Get an Ibanez or two like all the cool people

+1

Quote by Fassa Albrecht

I don't care how much it cost. To me it looks like the cousin of the wangcaster
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

You should find a gig bag for that... Also, Central Station is an epic train station!

...I'm not sad.
Call me Callum

Current gear - 06 MIM Strat, '02 Epiphone Les Paul, Peavey Rockingham, Tanglewood TF8, BLACKSTAR★ HT-5 Combo, EHX Holy Grail, Boss DS-1, Arion SFL-1

Newcastle (and Port Vale)
better than being on a bus, i walked on to a double decker bus (so the ceiling was really low) listening to music really loud with my bass on my back. it hit the ceiling and i let out the biggest '****!' and everyone was looking at me as i walked down the bus praying to god i hadnt broken my bass...but it was ok in the end
Quote by dp2007
How can you not find a gig bag for that!?!?!?!?

That's like a standard shape their should be tons of gig bags that fit that

The headstock is roughly 6inchx4inch and so most gigbags won't go over it.
Page 1 of 2