Hi guys, i have 7 years exerience but that is nearly all with all out heavy metal guitars and high output humbuckers.

however i am getting into more vintage sounding stuff and want some advice.

I want a new guitar that first and foremost versatile. i want to be able to do clean cleans through warm tubey rock tones to heavy metal.

i would like advice on body woods, neck and fretboard woods and pickup configurations.

also advice on the type of bridge to go for. i used to og hard tail but it seems a simple trem system may be good for me now.

please advise and suggest a guitar. thanks
edit: sorry my budget is around £300 ($600) i may be able to stratch that
Last edited by Sepulturick at Jul 18, 2008,
Take a look at a Schecter C-1 Classic, great guitar and it can handle cleans and metal tones. It is also in my opinion one of the better looking guitars out there
Gear
Jackson Rhodes
Jackson Kelly With EMG HZ's
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Sierra 28ce Acoustic Electric
Peavey Vypyr 212 (tube)
Line 6 Floor pod
Ibanez Toneblaster 30w
Custom Bass I built from spare parts
Fender Rumble 60 bass amp
That just screams 'strat' to me. Though I can't tell- do you want to buy a new guitar, or assemble one from scratch?
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
hss strat?

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

im not too sure about differences in woods but deffinately get humbuckers (obviously)
a simple trem will get way out of tune fast. try to find one that locks. well this isnt very helpful but oh well
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by DCarney9116
Take a look at a Schecter C-1 Classic, great guitar and it can handle cleans and metal tones. It is also in my opinion one of the better looking guitars out there

i was gonna suggest that same guitar man, they are the most versitile guitar i know of, my stepdad has one and its is the best guitar i ever played and if you do choose this one get the blue one
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Well don't just choose some model and go get it. I would recommend a Les Paul standard, but you need try try a bunch out!. You can pick a guitar model, but each one of the same exact model plays completely different. Some Standard may feel like the best guitar ever, but others can be very bad for you. No matter what you pick, play a bunch of different ones first
Quote by Sid McCall
That just screams 'strat' to me. Though I can't tell- do you want to buy a new guitar, or assemble one from scratch?

if i can get something already built to my needs stock then thats fine but i wouldn't rule out getting something put together from parts or from scratch.
Quote by ShredGod George
HSS strat all the way

hss strat...ok lets go with that for now. whic body and neck materials do you guys think? remember i have only ever had real experience with mahogany.

are we talking fender strats or ibanez super strats?
Quote by Sepulturick
hss strat...ok lets go with that for now. whic body and neck materials do you guys think? remember i have only ever had real experience with mahogany.

are we talking fender strats or ibanez super strats?

fender.
Id go for alder with a rosewood board
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
yamaha pacifica? you could maybe pick up a 612 for £300.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
my god, that blue Schecter C-1 Classic is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. I was going to buy a les paul studio in a week.......but now i might have to rethink it!