I suppose this thread would be more directed to people who listen to metal and hardcore, but personally I like going to shows where theres a ton of energry and everyone is moshing and gettin in fights and whatever.... some people do take it too far. what's your pick? shows with mad energry or shows where the band is cool to watch

-don kappyton
Mosh doesn't give me anything. I just laugh at the guys doing it to be honest. On the other hand. I find most of the "mosh" music absolutely horrible to begin with as the hardest/heaviest music I listen to is GN'R pretty much. I don't get the point of making me look like the most stupid as possible in two hours when I've spent money for seeing something good.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
not a fan of mad moshing. Probably a hybrid would be good, with a little more emphasis on the 'show' aspect rather than energy
The Dillinger Escape Plan gives you both of those dude
see them live you'll know what I mean
Member #17 of the RHCP & John Frusciante UG fanclub

Member #52 of the Fender Armada
if you go in the pit with the intention of fighting, you are what we like to call an epic douchebag that ruins the show, go die
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
Quote by Harmonystrat

No thanks. I've heard their music and I'd rather commit suicide then hear another note.
moshing yea

hardcore dancing is just stupid
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I wouldn't be friends with him after that whole text messege thing... not because he's a a cheater but because he's a text-messeger
Quote by don kappyton
personally I like going to shows where theres a ton of energry and everyone is moshing and gettin in fights and whatever.... some people do take it too far.

-don kappyton

I'm pretty sure getting in fights at a show is taking it too far. Been to plenty of shows with heaps of energy but no fights!
Quote by Harmonystrat

oh nvm for a second i thought this was about hardcore music
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
When I read the title I thought it was going to be about which one influenced kids worse

But the music's where its at.
Quote by devin-canada
hardcore dancing is just stupid

It looks stupid, but its fun
RIP Tom Searle.
There should be a balance. I like a show with some good moshing but i don't want Hatebreed concert moshing (You can never enjoy the show with somebody jumping at you) but I don't want to watch a library reading either. Just the right amount
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

ouch Ash_attack
Dillinger must be hated around here.
There mathcore i figured that was close enough hardcore.
I just enjoy jazz chords played at high velocity

JohhnyGenzale from what your musical taste seem like (i dont know of course) but I would hate Dillinger too if I had your taste.

Although I love bob dylan myself

Quote by Harmonystrat
ouch Ash_attack
Dillinger must be hated around here.
There mathcore i figured that was close enough hardcore.
I just enjoy jazz chords played at high velocity

JohhnyGenzale from what your musical taste seem like (i dont know of course) but I would hate Dillinger too if I had your taste.

Although I love bob dylan myself

Yeah. I've never been into fast/heavy music at all. I respect people that are but can't really see the beauty in it. Heard Dillinger once and though they were awful beyond salvation
i enjoy sitting in the corner watching the bands play if its a "fight" type show or whatnot going on. i didnt pay $10-$30 ti get kicked in the face, sorry. i usta be into the whole mosh, circle pit, whatnot at punk and hardcore shows. but i honestly dont even goto those type of shows more than once a season it seems like. it lost its fun once i grew up and wasnt 14 years old anymore. now i wana go see bands where everyones about the music and we can burn one in the crowd, so to say.

i remember seeing some youtube clip of mars volta telling the crowd how much they hate that type of crowd, and their music would definitely cause "fight pits" or whatever they call that crap now a days. they wanted people to enjoy their music, and be able to get close and be personal with the music. not fight.
well i like to mosh(kinda)more like be just aroud alot of people feeding off the energy of the band.But "hardore"dancing=lame.My band plays music that gets moderately heavy(Rage Against the Machine,Avenged Sevenfold,ect....)and there was this kid in the middle of the floor just flailing his arms and kicking like a retard having a seizure.NOw i understand this is fun,i have fun imitating them while making fun of the,BUT during a show it looks stupid and puts the other kids in danger.stop it,please
In our attempt to seek individualty,we have all become the same

Im so hardcore I could kick a puppy right now
Yeah. I've never been into fast/heavy music at all. I respect people that are but can't really see the beauty in it. Heard Dillinger once and though they were awful beyond salvation

I will admit some of there stuff is a little out there like 43% Burnt if that songs instruments werent so good imo I would never listen to it.
However I love most of it if your more into hard rock stuff listen to unretrofied by them I think you might enjoy it.

Quote by don kappyton
I suppose this thread would be more directed to people who listen to metal and hardcore, but personally I like going to shows where theres a ton of energry and everyone is moshing and gettin in fights and whatever.... some people do take it too far. what's your pick? shows with mad energry or shows where the band is cool to watch

-don kappyton

For me, the band is cool to watch IF they have energy, the two factors shouldnt be musically exclusive. Of course tight playing and professionalism are required, but energy is a big factor.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.