i´m about to buy it, because i loved the sound, i will use it in both live and studio, does anybody use it live ?
i have just the software itself some of the effects are nice but some really sound really digital to me you should try it out first i get a trial or something. i was going to try the revalver program to see how the effects compare that might be another option you could try looking into and theres some youtube videos of people using it
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Just finished about an hour Jam with Guitar Rig 3. It's great. I also use Impulse Responses (cabinet impulses) and turn off the cabs in GR 3. Even better!

If anyone wants em I have some Gilmour Presets (GR 3 only) that are amazing... most all his sounds are in it including the PULSE stuff - the Comfortably Numb one will make ya pee yer pants. Just let me know.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Last edited by strangedogs at Jul 18, 2008,
anyone wants em I have some Gilmour Presets (GR 3 only) that are amazing... most all his sounds are in it including the PULSE stuff - the Comfortably Numb one will make ya pee yer pants. Just let me know.

i would love to get the gilmour preset you talking about specially the comfortably numb
my guitar stuff:
ESP JH-600
ValveKing 112
DigiTech Whammy Pedal
Taylor 314CE
Dunlop SW-95 Slash Wah Pedal
Cordoba C7 Nylon String Acoustic Guitar
Metal muff
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster Ash
Quote by stefan1988
i would love to get the gilmour preset you talking about specially the comfortably numb

Yepp, i'd be interested in that too.
all the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players
needs maor toobs!

I'm actualy very fond of Guitar Rig, i've played around with it and it really is a nice tool.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
It sounded good.

Then I got my valve King.

So yea if you don't have an amp its pretty good.
Peavey ValveKing 212
Ibanez Gio :\
Quote by BGSM
It's good, but it doesn't compare to a real amp.

Lol***?

IMO, GR3>low-mid level tube amps soundquality wise. The only thing it cant replicate is t00bs themselves, but it comes DAMN close.
I give it 9/10.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by kool98769
Lol***?

It doesn't. Sound quality is good, but it's not practical for the price. I've used it for a year, and I got over it pretty quickly.

I disagree though, the sound quality doesn't compare to a mid level tube amp. Maybe a mid -> high SS.
Quote by BGSM
It doesn't. Sound quality is good, but it's not practical for the price. I've used it for a year, and I got over it pretty quickly.

I disagree though, the sound quality doesn't compare to a mid level tube amp. Maybe a mid -> high SS.

Perhaps you just suck at tweaking? I own a Mid level tube amp (sells for 750 on MF) and as far as crunch goes, it's damn near equal. I can dial in a nice recto tone, awesome crunch tones, and even beautiful cleans.
I don't know why you're having trouble, but if you need some good presets let me know.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
I have to admit that my GR3 tweaking skills are nothing compared to my real life amp tweaking skills.

GR3 is great for studio, just not sure about the practicality for using it live though.
yeah for live stuff avoid using computers if at all possible. It is nice for demos though when I'm too lazy to mic up my amp.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm