Here goes, hopefully I can get some help here.

I bought and painted a Saga telecaster style kit. It is my first build and I wanted something already cut so I didn't have to deal with that. Basically what I wanted was some painting and wiring experience before I actually built my own guitar.

/rambling

Ok so I finished the paintjob and when I go to wire the pickups, that manual is all wrong. It says (just one example) to take the black and white wires from the rhythm pickup and . . . Guess what ? The rythm pickups has blue and yellow wires! Which one goes where?!?!?!

So I guess what I am asking is has anybody ever used these kits and come across a similiar problem? And which one do I use to go where?
Do NOT look behind you.
what kind of pickups are they? ive never used a kit like that but when i rewired one of my guitars i just looked up diagrams, found what the color codes were for my pups and went from there.
The "rhythm pickup" is just a generic single coil. No brand. Looks like any other telecaster neck pickup. Has the cover on it. Sometimes reffered to as a "lipstick" style pickup because of the tube over it.
Do NOT look behind you.
When I built a Saga telecaster, all the wiring was snap fit - is that not still the case?

I threw all the stock electrics away, and bought some decent bits instead - so I can't really tell you what the colours are, but seriously, if funds allow, buy some half tidy pickups - you really won't have to spend much to get better quality than the ones that come in the kit!
Quote by mark_wuk
When I built a Saga telecaster, all the wiring was snap fit - is that not still the case?

I threw all the stock electrics away, and bought some decent bits instead - so I can't really tell you what the colours are, but seriously, if funds allow, buy some half tidy pickups - you really won't have to spend much to get better quality than the ones that come in the kit!

Please read and analyze my original post before you say anything ever again in your life.

I did this for the painting and wiring practice.

I did not ask for help on "snap fitting" the wires. That seems pretty straightforward.
I asked for help to see which wire went where.
I did not ask to get recommended better pickups. I do not want to spend any more money.

If anyone has a helpful comment to say regarding past experience with a saga kit and the wiring of a Saga kit, by all means post away.
Do NOT look behind you.
get back in your box loser - I asked you a simple question - I didn't suggest that you use the snap fits - if the snap fits are still on the wires then it's pretty easy to work out where the wires are supposed to go after you cut them off.

The stuff in the Saga kits is whatever was cheapest on the day they threw it into the box - that is why it doesn't match the instructions, and you are very unlikely to find anything on which is which.

I could help you further but because of your attitude I can't be bothered to take the time.
Quote by c_man471
Please read and analyze my original post before you say anything ever again in your life.

That was a bit harsh, all he was trying to say was that with the right upgrades (pups) you could get a pretty decent guitar out of it.

As for the wiring, I've always gone with trial and error in these situations, wire up everything else up and just touch the pup leads to their connections, tip- hold the humbucker near the strings of another guitar to test it. good luck.
Quote by c_man471

I did this for the painting and wiring practice.

I did not ask for help on "snap fitting" the wires. That seems pretty straightforward.
I asked for help to see which wire went where.
I did not ask to get recommended better pickups. I do not want to spend any more money.

If anyone has a helpful comment to say regarding past experience with a saga kit and the wiring of a Saga kit, by all means post away.
nice first impression you're making here, kid.

mark_wuk told you of his experience with a Saga kit and asked you about yours.
then you snap at him. totally uncool, dude.

1 - the difference in colours is because they obviously changed vendors for the pickups. different pickup manufacturers have different colour codes. what vendor supplied the pickups to Saga for the kit they sent you? you don't know? guess what. we don't either.

2 - your best bet would be to contact Saga and ask them.

3 - your best move from here would be to stop having knee-jerk reactions when you don't get the exact answer you want. try to fit in.

4 - if none of these bits of information suit you, read the fine print in my sig.

have a nice day.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
If we had to guess blue would be ground and yellow is hot but its just a guess. Saga uses the cheapest vendors for their kits. And who ever made the pickups used what ever bits of wire they had laying around. Theres a reason we tell those who ask here to just throw the bag of hardware that comes with saga kits in the trash.
im currently in the same boat. i soldered the black on my neck pup to the switch and the shielding to the ground on the volume pot. i did the same with the red wire and shielding from the neck pup. my switch is strange in that all the contacts are on one flat side of it and there are 3 in a column near the direction of the neck pup, one in the middle with a wire already connected going somewhere else, ad then a column of 3 on the side near the bridge pup. ive never seen a switch like that before. i tested it and it was getting a major hum and when i stopped touching metal, it was a huge hum. i think its just a grounding problem with my wiring, but still i had no idea how to connect to that switch.