Hey guys just wanted you opinion. I have a les paul (hardtail of course) and a Jackson RR24(OFR) and I've been playing the les paul for the past two months. I picked up the Jackson today to play and the strings feel mushy to me now.

My palm mutes, fast picking, and bends just sound terrible compared to the les paul. Is it just me or are hardtails easier to play and sound fuller?

P.S. I know you can't rest your palm on the OFR's or they will go out of tune. The hardtail just feels and sounds better to me now.

Thanks,

-B-
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
I've never liked things that aren't hard tail. Even in mountain bikes.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
That seems pretty accurate. The tone from FR- equipped guitars can't really compare to the tone of an LP, since the bridge doesn't come into contact with the body like it does on an LP.
hmm.. i have no idea why.

diff gauge strings would play on the tension, ie, .15's on the paul and .09's on the jackson, youl notice a difference (do they even make .15's?? lol [it was to prove a point])

i have a question =D, and it seems like a good place to ask it,

i have a RG1520 and its sustain is quite...ahh..crap

is it just because of the trem, or would the guitar be broked?
*Enter Sig Here*
meh, floating trems aren't too bad after you get used to them, but I do prefer the sustain you get from a hardtail.
"It is always advisable to be a loser if you cannot become a winner." - Frank Zappa

The name's Garrett.

Gear and stuff:
Taylor 310
American Strat w/ Texas Specials
Ibanez JS1000
Vox Wah (true bypass & LED mod)
Dr. Z Maz 18 JR NR
because you rest your palm differently when you switch from a hardtail to a trem. oh the hardtail you can rest your palm and the bridge and there are no sharp edges that would dig into your palm.
A floyd rose seems pointless to me now. I dislike them, and I would much rather have a hardtail guitar. They are just a pain in the ass, and they aren't even that useful. It seems pointless to me.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
Quote by Chance125
A floyd rose seems pointless to me now. I dislike them, and I would much rather have a hardtail guitar. They are just a pain in the ass, and they aren't even that useful. It seems pointless to me.

you obv. dont listen to enough pantera!
*Enter Sig Here*
Quote by Hale_91
you obv. dont listen to enough pantera!

anyways, i only have a hardtail and when i play frs at gc they dont sound the same at all. i hate the tone. there are more downsides to a trem than upsides.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
Quote by Dimefan69
anyways, i only have a hardtail and when i play frs at gc they dont sound the same at all. i hate the tone. there are more downsides to a trem than upsides.

yes, trems can go up and down.

i think sound from a guitar becomes irrelivant when your playing through 23 full stacks on stage (not talking about tone!)

im sure with eq tweaking, trying to get the fullness back into your sound (as the floyd wouldnt have it), you could get a decent tone again.
*Enter Sig Here*
I actually prefer (the good Ibanez) FRs to tune-o-matics, even though I barely use the trem. It just feels smoother to be for PMuting and I developed a light touch with my right hand anyways.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Hale_91

diff gauge strings would play on the tension, ie, .15's on the paul and .09's on the jackson, youl notice a difference (do they even make .15's?? lol [it was to prove a point])

They're both setup with .10's and the lp has a shorter scake so naturally you would think the strings would have more slack.

The hardtail just feels snappier to me, it's almost like the trem springs absorb some of the picking dynamics.
Gear:
2006 Jackson RR3
2006 Ibanez S520EX
Peavy JSX 120W Head
Roland Cube 30
Quote by Hale_91

Does it have a FR?

If it does Block it, so its stops being a floater, that gives a lott more sustain, thats what my prof did to his strat. Do this Unless you are in a Joe Satriani or Dragon Force cover band
acutally, i was using it to play echo by satch lol.

im thinking of covering building the church, and im nto getting a sustainer anytime soon.. lol

i need it as a trem, i have a fixed bridge that i love
*Enter Sig Here*