I went out to buy some guitar strings today since I had just been using the strings that came on my Ibanez when I bought it (which were pretty terrible) and I asked for some Ernie Ball strings. The owner of the store said I should try the nickel Rotosound strings because they had great tone and all. I said sure why not, since I figured he would know what strings sound good if he owns a music store.

So I put on the new strings and they sound awesome (they were 11 gauge opposed to 9s which I had on before).

I'm just wondering if Ernie Balls sound any better opposed to Rotosound strings, or if there isn't much of a difference...?
YEAH
Well, you had 9's, of course 11's would sound better to you.

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by DotSick
Well, you had 9's, of course 11's would sound better to you.

Ok that really didn't help answer my question...
YEAH
Which brand you use is preference.

But jumping from 9s to 11s is why you heard such a difference, and you probably felt a big difference in playability.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Phill-Rock
Which brand you use is preference.

But jumping from 9s to 11s is why you heard such a difference, and you probably felt a big difference in playability.

Ok that's what I was thinking, I just was wondering if Ernie balls were really as fantastical as everybody says they are...since they seem really overrated anyway...
YEAH
Ernies are fantastic, but I took a break from them for D'addario's. Try a few out there before Ernies, you may choose to love the ones you have

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
They're cheap and sound good. And for me (at least), don't break often.

Your neck might be more curved due to the extra thickness.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
i say the e-ballz are best
Quote by :-D
I once saw somebody carry a Guitar Hero controller in a case to protect it. He probably should have packed his testicles in there too, seeing as he won't need to use those for quite a while.

Explorer Club member #4
PM JEST87 to join