My mind is pretty much set to get a half stack, or a good combo amp. I was wondering your thoughts about B-52 amps since I think there is a stack around $600. Anyone know of any musicians that might use them?

In addition I saw this old used Crate head for like $150. Haven't tried it though. Then I'd just get a cab.

If anyone can recommend me a loud (and good) amp for shows AND at home, that'd work.

And my budget should be around $600.

Edit: And as for music styles, I'll play any kind of metal/rock, and some blues. I have pedals.

Maybe thinking about getting a Wah sometime..
Gear:

Guitars:
Takamine Gs330S
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG3EXQM1
Epiphone SG G-310

Amps:
Crate Palomino V16

Pedals
Ibanez TS9DX
Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal
I play prog-rock/metal and I have the b-52 at212 that I use to power the at412. and I LOOOOOOOVE it. The at412 has a real "scooped" kind of sound. Which is what I wanted. It works great if you're a solo guitar player, but doesnt cut through as well if you have another guitar player that uses a ton of midrange. I think its the best amp for the price. In my opinion, it sounds just as good as a JcM2000, but you just dont pay for the marshall name. I'll never switch to another amp.
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
I have an SS one, the...well, look at my sig. I believe the guys from Queensryche uses the AT ones. I forget the exact name, but it's in the AT series. I think they make the best SS amps anywhere near that price range, although from what I've heard (on youtube...may just be the cameras) the tube ones aren't that great. Bugera make pretty good tube amps, for around your price range. I'm not sure if it's just the head or a stack.
My gear:
Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour duncan Jazz (neck) and Full Shred (bridge), with Sperzels
B-52 LG-100A 4x12 half stack
Rogue LX405 Bass
Yamaha classical
Some sort of acoustic Squier
Boss Flanger
Lyon Chorus
Quote by SchecterC-1+Man
I have an SS one, the...well, look at my sig. I believe the guys from Queensryche uses the AT ones. I forget the exact name, but it's in the AT series. I think they make the best SS amps anywhere near that price range, although from what I've heard (on youtube...may just be the cameras) the tube ones aren't that great. Bugera make pretty good tube amps, for around your price range. I'm not sure if it's just the head or a stack.

You're crazy if you think the tube amps aren't that great....

The AT's and LS's are the most respected amp models that B-52 produces..

On top of it, there's been a lot of people that have been putting these amps side by side with Tri-recs and other high quality amps and still impressed about the quality of tone that these things produce....

I'm sorry, but that statement is just wrong.. First, There's relatively few videos on youtube for the AT amps, and secondly I don't think I'd trust the audio over youtube for anything..
Washburn D-12
Ibanez RG
Ibanez RG 7321
Epiphone Les Paul / EMG 81 85
Fender MIM Ash Stratocaster
Digitech Whammy
Small Stone Phaser
Boss SD-1-Modded
Boss MT-2-Modded
Boss CE-5
Boss DD-3-Modded
ISP Decimator