Poll: Should I stay with lessons?
Poll Options
View poll results: Should I stay with lessons?
Stay
22 81%
Quit
5 19%
Voters: 27.
OK so I am getting guitar lessons and he is currently teaching me to read music I have been playing guitar longer than he his but he is teaching me to read music so I think it's important to learn that.So should I stay with it and learn to read music or should I quit and just stick with chords.
Quote by ACG
Put scotch tape on your penis and icy hot on your balls

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
What the hell does that have to do with freeing whales from pirates?
why not try and find a more experienced teacher, and take lessons with them?
Learning to read music is NEEDED.

I regret not learning earlier, I've just started pretty much.

EDIT: You mean standard notation, not tabs, right? Standard notation > tabs.
Get a better teacher?
Barry White is cooler than you
Quote by Deliriumbassist
I really wish I could say you're funny and cool, but that would be like saying Africa doesn't have a poverty problem.
I know how to read music, but I find that I still mostly play guitar by ear only with a greater understanding of how things gotogether. I think that any musician has to atleast have a basic knowledge of theory and how to apply it. But depending on your musical style you may find you still use tabs and your ear to figure most things out.
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
I know that he isn't as experienced as I am I'm mostly staying with the lesson so I can read music(standard notation).I do still play chords though.
Quote by ACG

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
Why are you taking lessons with some guy who has less experience than you?

Get as much as you can out of this man. Learn the stuff you don't know that he does - notes and whatever else. Once your down on all that information, than just leave and find a more experienced teacher.
I will soon perish from this lethal injection called love.
tabs<music
Quote by TnT~55
My dog likes to hump a child sized stuffed bugs bunny doll. He usually has a smoke after :P

My gear:
ibanez rg 450dx
roland cube
Marshall halfstack
gibson Les paul
Well where I live there isn't much option on lessons he is the only person close to where I live that I can get lessons.
Quote by ACG

Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW