detune your guitar a couple of steps, and make sure the saddles aren't at the end of the screw either way.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm

you turning # 2?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
To Thorazine: If I detune my guitar won't that make it difficult to set the intonation?

To JJ: Yes, I'm turning number 2
ok heres what i know idk if it will help but here goes, the string should hit the same pitch open and when you do a 12th fret natral harmonic when the intonation is right

hope that helps and when you change your string sizes i herd you have to set it again but idk if thats true cuz i always use the same type of strings
you want to make sure that the saddle isnt stuck.
so detuning and moving the saddle a bit isnt a problem.

but to intonate, you need to tune up then check at the 12th fret, then adjust the saddle, then tune up the open string again.
and so on.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

SETTING INTONATION: from icepoint...
Most electric guitars provide individual string length adjustment for setting intonation. Fine tuning this length insures that your guitar plays in tune all the way up and down the neck.

Using an electronic tuner, tune your guitar to pitch.
One string at a time, play the harmonic at the 12th fret and then play the fretted 12th fret note.
If the fretted note is sharper than the harmonic, increase the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
If the fretted note is flat compared to the harmonic shorten the string length slightly until both notes register the same on your tuner.
Repeat the procedure on all strings until the harmonic and the fretted notes are the same.

make sure you tune up the open string note after every saddle adjustment.
and if you cant manage to compare the fretted 12th and the harmonic, then compare the opne string note to the fretted 12th.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62