Ok, the middle 2 saddles on my Ibanez bass are higher than the others. I never noticed this before, even after adjusting intonation after EVERY string change. Bu I have noticed that these strings have lower volume since they're a tad bit higher than E and G. The problem is that I can't find an allen wrench that fits the adjusting screws for it. I've gone through tons metric and standard ones, I know the screws heads aren't stripped either. Any ideas?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
You just can't find a wrench to fit?

What Ibanez is it? Somone may be able to recommend the tool if you can provide the model.
Usually you get an Allen wrench for it when you buy your guitar/bass.

Check with the store u bought it from, they should have one for you.
Gear:

Ibanez XPT707FX
Ibanez RG7321 (DiMarzio D-Activator 7 Pickups)

Dunlop Crybaby 535Q Wah-Wah
DigiTech Whammy WH-4
Boss RC-20XL Loop Station

Line 6 Flextone III Plus w/FBV2 Footswitch
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Ok, the middle 2 saddles on my Ibanez bass are higher than the others. I never noticed this before, even after adjusting intonation after EVERY string change. Bu I have noticed that these strings have lower volume since they're a tad bit higher than E and G. The problem is that I can't find an allen wrench that fits the adjusting screws for it. I've gone through tons metric and standard ones, I know the screws heads aren't stripped either. Any ideas?

The strings at the bridge should have an arc to them to match that of the frets/fingerboard, which is also curved. This is called the fingerboard radius. If you lower the middle strings too much, you'l inevitably wind up with some buzzing on those strings. If your pickups have adjustable pole pieces, and the bridge radius matches that of the frets, then you could raise the middle two poles to gain some volume for the middle strings. I'm not familiar with your particular guitar, but humbucker type pups are adjustable this way.
Quote by LeftyDave
The strings at the bridge should have an arc to them to match that of the frets/fingerboard, which is also curved. This is called the fingerboard radius. If you lower the middle strings too much, you'l inevitably wind up with some buzzing on those strings. If your pickups have adjustable pole pieces, and the bridge radius matches that of the frets, then you could raise the middle two poles to gain some volume for the middle strings. I'm not familiar with your particular guitar, but humbucker type pups are adjustable this way.

You missed the whole question.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You missed the whole question.

No, I didn't miss the whole question. He want's to lower the action of the two middle strings on his bass and was asking about the size of the allen wrench he needs. I gave him an alternative fix, since the issue may not be the bridge at all. I rekon you missed MY whole explanation of what the problem could be. If he starts messing with the action on that, especially since it's a bass, he could very well wind up with some nasty amounds of buzzing. What he really wants is to increase the volume of his center strings, and adjusting the pups is the way to go here, if they can be adjusted in the way I suggested. If they can't, then perhaps he might need to look at the action, or new strings. I'd have to see the guitar to know for sure.
you can pick up small allen keys from any DIY shop, second hand shop or guitar shop.
Been away, am back
If all else fails, you could take of the strings and do it by hand.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding