Page 1 of 3
I was just wondering, what are the Pit's views on the stereotypical geek?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
They worship me.
Gearz:
Squier classic vibe 50's strat, modded.
Dunlop 535q
Korg Pitchblack
Carvin X100B

Coming soon to a pedal board near you:
Analogman Sunface
Lovepedal E6
Area 51 wah
Skreddy Lunar Module
Malekko 616 Ekko
Hmmm.... define the stereotypical geek.
I'm like... half geek and half not geek. I love music and I can get along great with mostly everyone, but I have some geeky friends. We talk about computers and apps and stuff. Geeks are cool but they aren't as fun as the 'popular' crowd can be.
From elementary school to middle school I was the definition of "nerd" and "geek" and I was damn proud of it
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I'm a nerd and proud of it. I wore my Batman cape when I went to see The Dark Knight
Her friends are gazing on her,
And on her gaudy bier,
And weep!-oh! to dishonor
Dead beauty with a tear!
They loved her for her wealth-
And they hated her for her pride-
But she grew in feeble health,
And they love her-that she died.
So annoying
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
(In 17th Century British Accent)

As a Nerd, I take offence to this Gov'ner.

(In French accent)

Your mother was a hampster, and your father smelled of elderberrys.

Feche la Vauche
"Swords, nature's hell sticks."- Trip Fisk
pretty much what Goof said, but remember there's a fine line between geeks and nerds.
I'm considered, a nerd, cause I'm in the top class of my year..all my class are nerds. Although most of my class aren't that much of nerds, me and mates like metal and respectable music
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I'm nerdy. I feel wierd around people who don't know what I'm talking about.
Due what you want as long as you vote Due!
im ok with some nerds, but then you get the head nerds that just piss you off

mmm actually nerds are popular in my school is that normal?
Awesome, I'm feeling prouder of being a nerd after realizing how many Pit monkeys are like me

But a lot of my friends frown upon me reading PC World magazines, whereas they try to be cool and read car mags =\

EDIT: Yes, decker.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by mtforever
(In 17th Century British Accent)

As a Nerd, I take offence to this Gov'ner.

(In French accent)

Your mother was a hampster, and your father smelled of elderberrys.

Feche la Vauche

That movie is the ****!

and i am a nerd/loser and love it to death
Ibanez S520EX, Fender Stratocaster American 50th anniversary, GNX3, Crate 30 watt
eh there are nerds that don't bother me and then there are the ones that asked to get picked on and start fights just for attention but i was close to being a nerd in 1-6 grade, but direct quote from the nerdiest kid in my entire school

Teacher: today we are going to talk about myths.
keith: you mean like hitler?

then he stuck by the fact that hitler was a myth
Could care less, depends on the individual person really, I don't like judging whole groups.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by deckerbastard69
im ok with some nerds, but then you get the head nerds that just piss you off

mmm actually nerds are popular in my school is that normal?

who knows, everyplace has a differant socail ladder i guess, and ive met a lot of "nerds" who think they are the best thing to walk the earth
Wait, head nerds? Define.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I don't bother any "nerds", but one thing that I noticed about most nerds is that they are looked down upon for a reason, which usually includes being arrogant assholes.

I guess I am a nerd, cause I am in marching band. But I play snare drum, so that's like the top of the bottom of the totem pole.

EDIT: I just looked at my monitor and realized that I am a nerd by visiting this site so often.
Last edited by killsPEACHES at Jul 18, 2008,
i like the purple ones best
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
im pretty nerdy, but i got a lot of friends and stuff so w.e
i just kinda dont talk about computers and video games or the latest book i read with certain friends who dont give a ****

and on the subject of other nerds, some are really cool people and some feel very...outcast? so they react by being dicks
i dont care how ****ing smart you are, if your not a nice person you can suck my bawls
Quote by hazardmaster
Wait, head nerds? Define.

the one that all the other nerds think is insanley awesome, and they are the biggest douche bags you will ever run into
Yeah I'm a nerd, fairly good grades and instead of doing something sporty I'm here posting in the pit. I actually think playing guitar gets me up the 'social ladder' and bit more, not much cause I not that good, but I look slightly better while holding one.

And head nerd? sounds like a boss in a video game like from Canis Canem edit (Bully).
I try not to think of people as being in different social groups and such. I try to think of people, and their qualities, not something like "Hey, that kids a nerd!" or "Hey that kids the biggest jock ever". It makes things a hell of a lot better, to me at least, since everyone is different even if they do fall into the same group. It helps get rid of stereotypes that go along with groups.

That being said, I seem to be labelled a nerd for some reason. I don't get it really. Guitar is my main hobby, I don't play video games aside from when I'm at friends houses, I don't try in school and really couldn't give a **** about my education (though I admit I do pull great test / exam marks even though I don't study). Hell, I barely read books or attempt to learn.

Not saying nerds are bad, but I'm wondering, what is the "actual" definition that people use to define people as a nerd / geek?
Quote by Namikaze
Yeah I'm a nerd, fairly good grades and instead of doing something sporty I'm here posting in the pit. I actually think playing guitar gets me up the 'social ladder' and bit more, not much cause I not that good, but I look slightly better while holding one.

And head nerd? sounds like a boss in a video game like from Canis Canem edit (Bully).

i should try that game
They're people that will probably be your bosses someday.
I don't hate them or anything. I just find some of their habits a little weird.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by RPGoof
Hmmm.... define the stereotypical geek.
I'm like... half geek and half not geek. I love music and I can get along great with mostly everyone, but I have some geeky friends. We talk about computers and apps and stuff. Geeks are cool but they aren't as fun as the 'popular' crowd can be.

You basically just described me.
Quote by Jbar
They're people that will probably be your bosses someday.

Hey, I'm not dissing nerds, I'm one myself. I just want to know the Pit's views.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I find nerds adorable, personally.
Well to a certain degree. There's a difference between the shy guy that likes manga (yesss) and the overweight guy who thinks he lives in D&D (noooo.)
We're all in the gutter.

(But some of us are looking at the stars.)
Page 1 of 3