Nice gear man. It should be pretty br00talz.
PRS SE Singlecut
Bogner Alchemist 112 Combo
Dunlop Classic Crybaby
Martin OM-1 and Backpacker Steel String
Seagull

Youtube Channel -Click Me Please-
mmm schecter...yummy....i was thinkin bout gettin a C-1 classic. nice fretboard on em. im not a fan of line 6. bad experience with em. marshall has my sorta tone anyways. line and crate etc have too much distortion for my use.
Ibanez RGT42DX
-D'Addario .09-.42
Washburn X10
-Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottem
Cort 5 String Bass

Kustom Arrow 160FX
Electro-Harmonix-Metal Muff w/ Top Boost
Digitech-Grunge

nice man, congrats on the gear. Now you need an A/B/Y box so you can run them in stereo.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
im rockin the same set up excluding the flextone
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez EX 470 (1991)

Peavey 6505 combo
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Danville 1X12 Cab
Kustom 12w tube

Dunlop Crybaby
DOD overdrive(YJM)
Boss Ns-2
PodXt
Dod 250 Overdrive
sweet. for some reason i really want a high gain amp, even though i play jazz and old RnB. high gain amps are just cooler than everything else
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
sweet. for some reason i really want a high gain amp, even though i play jazz and old RnB. high gain amps are just cooler than everything else

I've listened to the clips in your profile man, very cool stuff. I dig your playing, very tasteful for that style. Are you starting to venture into the higher gain stuff now? There are quite a few high gain heads that have a very good clean channel, that can also dial in some nice dirt. For the most part however, they are pretty pricey if they offer both.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Lambofgodrulz
nice what did that cost you anyway

i got the hellraiser (basically brand new, this baby is flawless) with a new road runner case, new strap for $575

and the 5150 newly re-tubed w/ a free 25-30ft. Monster cable for $525

ESP EC-1000 *Vintage Black*
Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC212-OB

DiMarzio Cables
Quote by Erock503
I've listened to the clips in your profile man, very cool stuff. I dig your playing, very tasteful for that style. Are you starting to venture into the higher gain stuff now? There are quite a few high gain heads that have a very good clean channel, that can also dial in some nice dirt. For the most part however, they are pretty pricey if they offer both.

hey bro, thank you so much. compliments like that are the ones that really mean something to me.
im not really looking into high gain amps, i just think there cool haha.
i dabble a little bit in playing higher gain stuff though, in fact i try and play as much different stuff as i can. Im a guitar performance major, and im hoping to be able to be a session musician, so i need to be pretty versatile.
im looking at some amps now to purchase in the next year or so, hopefully it willl be all i need for awhile. One is a Fuchs ODS, another is a Randall something something, the one with the modules. i think i would use a blackface and a plexi module, then get a recto module to just goof off with haha. also im looking at some Dumble clones (i guess that Fuchs is a dumble clone too) and a mesa lonestar.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Quote by chea_man
hey bro, thank you so much. compliments like that are the ones that really mean something to me.
im not really looking into high gain amps, i just think there cool haha.
i dabble a little bit in playing higher gain stuff though, in fact i try and play as much different stuff as i can. Im a guitar performance major, and im hoping to be able to be a session musician, so i need to be pretty versatile.
im looking at some amps now to purchase in the next year or so, hopefully it willl be all i need for awhile. One is a Fuchs ODS, another is a Randall something something, the one with the modules. i think i would use a blackface and a plexi module, then get a recto module to just goof off with haha. also im looking at some Dumble clones (i guess that Fuchs is a dumble clone too) and a mesa lonestar.

no problem man, I meant that. Very rare that I enjoy listening to just a guitar playing with no accompaniment. Those are all killer amps you're looking at tbh. I can't be of much help, since it just comes down to preference with those heads.

If you're looking for all out versatility, might want to check out the Egnater line. The tourmaster is pretty affordable, and sounds pretty good to me if you aren't looking for all out br00talz metal tones.
http://www.egnater.com/

if dumble clones are your thing though, one of the best I've heard is from Brown Note. They have DIY kits, or you can purchase a completed one. Check out the clips section if you get a chance.
http://www.brownnote.net

edit: and sorry OP, didn't meant to spam up your thread. Congrats on the sick setup.
amp clips
amp vids
Last edited by Erock503 at Jul 18, 2008,
yeah sorry for the spam. you have a great rig man, i hope you get to crank it up soon.

and erock, thanks man, i have already checked out Brownnote. i like them alot since you can get a dumble type tone in many different wattages.
im looking into some older mesa mark series amps. I hear the mark IIb or something is the best
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
yeah sorry for the spam. you have a great rig man, i hope you get to crank it up soon.

and erock, thanks man, i have already checked out Brownnote. i like them alot since you can get a dumble type tone in many different wattages.
im looking into some older mesa mark series amps. I hear the mark IIb or something is the best

ahh, you mean the IIC+, priced crazy now because of Metallica. You can have Mesa mod a regular IIC to the + version of you can find one though. Very cool amp for the thrash tones, but way overpriced these days IMO.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
nice man, congrats on the gear. Now you need an A/B/Y box so you can run them in stereo.

+1

Tube tone with picking clarity, its a great combo..

God forbid went that route (exact same combo actually) with there last album and it was clean, tight and br00talz all in one just how i like my metal to sound like....
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

Tube tone with picking clarity, its a great combo..

God forbid went that route (exact same combo actually) with there last album and it was clean, tight and br00talz all in one just how i like my metal to sound like....

oh man, it's addicting. Just something crazy about the right combination of amps. Believe it or not, my Krank Krankenstein+ and Splawn Nitro just sound so killer together. It fills out almost every nook and cranny in the tone, just incredible sounding. Seriously one of the most br00tal and crushing tones I've ever heard.
amp clips
amp vids
Hey you broke the "amp should cost more than your guitar" rule. But I don't think anyone will mind. Good job.
Quote by Erock503
oh man, it's addicting. Just something crazy about the right combination of amps. Believe it or not, my Krank Krankenstein+ and Splawn Nitro just sound so killer together. It fills out almost every nook and cranny in the tone, just incredible sounding. Seriously one of the most br00tal and crushing tones I've ever heard.

Yup, that it is... That's why i picked up the randall and keep the Valveking around. Right now im running the Ultra with the VK and really liking the tone im getting out of it. Its just fills in the void and running in stereo its like a instant double track with out all the work. Makes your sound full as hell. And i believe it, they sound like they would complement each other well. In the future i think my perfect tone is going to involve a Krankenstein+ and Powerball in stereo mmm mmmm the tone is gonna be so tasty just thinking about it gives me chills.

Ohh yea, Erock hit up my profile and listen to my Ultra/VK mix and let me know what you think about the tone and if it has any resemblances to anything. Cant place the tone... Ohh and be honest good or bad let me know what you think im in the testing stages so i need some criticism...
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Jul 19, 2008,