I have a peice of **** 15 watt crate amp that sounds horrible no matter what. I can't stand it any more. The only problem is that I'm tight on money. I saw Raven amps in a musiciansfreind magazine, and it got good reviews, but I haven't seen them anywhere.

What are your opinions on them? This is what I'm looking at. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Raven-RG60-60W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=481619

Also, I'm looking to get an amp that can be heard with a bassist and drummer. I don't plan on doing any gigging, I just want to be able to jam with a full band and be heard.
I played one once with a ZW signature trying it out and had an ok tone, then played it with a Epi les paul ultra and it was horrible so I guess its what you think there really new so I don't know
from what i've read and seen i would stay away from it.

and you can't trust reviews on a sellers web site/mag.

Search on Raven amps up in top right and maybe you will get a different opinion.

are you looking for a new amp? if so, can you provide some basics?
I was actually just looking at that same amp online today, and there were some reviews of it in the review section, where it go decent reviews, but I guess the public opinion is the complete opposite judging by the previous posts. The guy reviewing it said that Raven Amps were produced by Guitar Center, and considering they also own Musiciansfriend, it would make sense it sells there too.
Quote by RoamingConflict
In Soviet Russia, GAS deals with you.

Quote by Lumiere Rouge
A reviewer on Amazon.com reviewing an album by the band "HiM", said that HiM is "fag metal".
Can someone explain to me what is this sub genre of fag metal? I have never heard it before.
Most reviews on sites like that look good.

you need to find someone who has played one at store already is my guess....^like the dude up there.

also, if you are serious about amp questions hike on over to the GG&A Forum.

PS. MY GC has a whole rack of them.
Quote by electricdeath
I played one once with a ZW signature trying it out and had an ok tone, then played it with a Epi les paul ultra and it was horrible so I guess its what you think there really new so I don't know

haha i played it on a zakk wylde siggy too, i thought it was actually pretty decent for what it is
Jackson DK2M Dinky Pro W/ EMG 81/85 18v Black
ESP LTD EC-1000 W/ EMG 81/60 See Thru Blue
Schecter C-1 HellRaiser W/ EMG 81TW/89 Black Cherry
Peavey 6505 W/ 2x12 V30
dont rate how good an amp is for its wattage. rate for its tone. volume can be fixed with a mic and a mixer, but tone can not. get a good amp. btw, what styles do you play?
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Yeah tone sucked, and it was way to confusing to make it sound good way to many knobs for what it was.

in all honesty I would get a MG, or line6 before this anyday. yeah the price is good but for the pain to get it right is gonna suck. just my oppion try it you might like it.
Quote by electricdeath
Yeah tone sucked, and it was way to confusing to make it sound good way to many knobs for what it was.

in all honesty I would get a MG, or line6 before this anyday. yeah the price is good but for the pain to get it right is gonna suck. just my oppion try it you might like it.

WOW.

That's saying a lot. Now I want to try one next time i get to GC.
I tried one, they sound absolutely horrible. People bash spiders for sounding bad, but a Raven makes a Spider seem like a high end Marshall tube amp. MG's sound great compared to Ravens.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Ravens are just another series of cheap high profit SS amps. GC is going to push em as they make them so the profit will be higher than a non house brand. Its just a fact you dont get much of an amp for that price. And as MF and GC are going to be pushing these amps its doubtful any meaningful reviews will be posted. Honesty in advertising we all know better than that.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
WOW.

That's saying a lot. Now I want to try one next time i get to GC.

\
try it and then Pm so I can see what you think you might get a different oppion
I played my friend's raven when I was at his house. Cleans were incredibly sterile and flat, distortion sounded like a swarm of hornets attacking my tympanic membrane. Save a little more and go for a 5 watt tube amp; they're pretty loud and you will probably be heard within a band (but you won't get any cleans at that volume.)
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
Quote by electricdeath

Line 6's don't suck.
Ibanez RG7321
Dean Evo Special 7
Agile AL-2000
ESP LTD VB-300
Peavey Vypyr 30
General of the 7 String/ERG Legion

Quote by Bentheemo
Thats probably some of the best advice I've ever received on here.
Quote by ugmung
Line 6's don't suck.

Personally I like them and havent noticed anything with one yet but there are people out there you know