Does anyone else ever feel like they serve no purpose in life other than to make the lives of others miserable?

I mean, I don't do anything for anyone. I live with my grandpa and I feel like I'm just a pain in the ass. I feel like when I came to live with him I just screwed up his retirement. He should be relaxing and doing what he wants, but instead he has to worry about me. But my mother abandoned me, so what else could I have done?

I help out as much as I can, but there's only so much I can actually do. I'm 16, and I could work, but I have no driver's license, and my grandpa having to take me every day would defeat the purpose. I just keep thinking back to the fact that I'm a burden to everyone, that I'm just something they have to deal with, and it's killing me.

Suicide keeps becoming a thought, but then I tell myself no. I can't just kill myself, it's a cop-out and I don't want to just give up, but I don't want to be a pain to everyone anymore.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? It's terrible.

Sorry for the wall.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
My girlfriend, all the time. She tried suicide a year ago, but now realizes it was a stupid idea.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
My parents have made me feel that way my entire life... don't worry man, you obviously have a sense of responsibility if you feel bad about it, and at your age you really can't help this sort of ****. Get your license, it will open up the entire world to you, believe me.
No, it's nice you keep your grandpa company.
He prolly enjoys the time he has with you.
wham, bam, thank you ma'am!
nope, but sounds like if you were a REAL burden to your grandpa he wouldnt have taken you in especially if he knew that youd become a teenager, he cares about you if he didnt he wouldnt drop everything for you
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
in a way you just described me. holy crap.

yeah dude i feel like that all the time. i am badly depressed. plus girls troubles dont help. I just think about good things and its all better.

"always look on the bright side of life"
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
It's like I'm just something they have to put up with. I feel like that if I were dead or gone that they would have a lot easier lives because they wouldn't have to deal with me.

At the same time, I like to think I'm an important part of their life, and that if I were gone they would miss me. Even though I don't benefit them in any way, I think they would still miss me. I know people who don't benefit me in any way, and if they were gone I would be devastated.

I guess the question is whether or not my being dead or gone would make them happy or sad. The unnerving this is that I'm not sure, and it makes me feel like shit.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman

Suicide keeps becoming a thought, but then I tell myself no. I can't just kill myself, it's a cop-out and I don't want to just give up, but I don't want to be a pain to everyone anymore.

Yea, but think of all the pain you would bring if you did kill yourself.
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by dudetheman
Does anyone else ever feel like they serve no purpose in life other than to make the lives of others miserable?

I mean, I don't do anything for anyone. I live with my grandpa and I feel like I'm just a pain in the ass. I feel like when I came to live with him I just screwed up his retirement. He should be relaxing and doing what he wants, but instead he has to worry about me. But my mother abandoned me, so what else could I have done?

I help out as much as I can, but there's only so much I can actually do. I'm 16, and I could work, but I have no driver's license, and my grandpa having to take me every day would defeat the purpose. I just keep thinking back to the fact that I'm a burden to everyone, that I'm just something they have to deal with, and it's killing me.

Does anyone else ever feel this way? It's terrible.

Sorry for the wall.

stop beating yourself up for it, like blacklist666 said, if you were really a burden your grandpa would take you, just be on your best behavior, when you feel your rebelious attitude taking over (puberty baby) think how kind he was to take you in.

as for your suicidal thoughts, why not talk to him about it?
i know its easier said than done but he could help you a lot,
and trust me, no one likes to be alone, especially your retired grandfather.

good luck
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.