Was watching this movie last night and then main characters were like taking pain killers, to like get a kick... i dont get it what does it do?
Gets ya high man... try some and find out, you can probably find them in your parent's medicine cabinet. Vicodin is the ****
Last edited by Dionietzsche at Jul 19, 2008,
It releases endorphins in your body basically and makes you wig out in weird ways. Painkilers are a depressant, so it has some of the same effects as alcohol and mary-J
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
obviously addiction, and then theres the fact that it can make your heart stop....so yeah...bad

well, one thing leads to another k_t
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Last edited by gtdude114 at Jul 19, 2008,
the ones that get you high are opiates, essentially weaker versions of opium or heroin.

Quote by gtdude114
obviously addiction, and then theres the fact that it can make your heart stop....so yeah...bad

The addiction part is very true, but if you OD you'd likely die of respiratory depression (i.e. you stop breathing) before you have the chance to go into cardiac arrest.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
only do it once.

The second or third time you take them, its just gonna "click" and you are gonna want more.

trust me, its not something you wanna get addicted to. 6 weeks of hardcore rehab, and I still get urges.

dont even try it
Quote by zeppelin4evr41
Yeah definitely don't combine with alcohol by the way.

yeah i already know that... i'm pretty heavily against drugs anyway well except alcohol. what about just mild pain killers like codine or something. does that even do anything?
Oxy+Booze= an orgasm. You disagree and you're lying.
A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I

The Sky Is The Limit
Quote by evil_armada
yeah i already know that... i'm pretty heavily against drugs anyway well except alcohol. what about just mild pain killers like codine or something. does that even do anything?

Codeines pretty weak but 150 mg is a good dose to feel good. Make sure you look up how to do a cold water extraction if you dont want to die however.

The Sky Is The Limit
Quote by Droogie4Life
take a couple zanex and chase em' with a 12 pack, it will be the best night of your life until you pass out for 18 hours

Or aspirate... that's like the second most lethal recreational drug combo after speedballs (not counting stuff that would pretty much kill you straight away)

Last.fm
ok, in all seriousness, painkillers are some of the more ****ed up drugs... good choice in sticking to booze
Quote by Dionietzsche
ok, in all seriousness, painkillers are some of the more ****ed up drugs... good choice in sticking to booze

Actually, from my experience booze is just as bad, or worse. Unless you get into morphine or heroin.

Last.fm
painkiller is a pretty general term. we don't want a pitmonkey to go take "recreational doses" of tylenol.

what movie? it was probably opiates.

My mind is going. I can feel it.
ummm cant remember the name... it had owen wilson in it and it was about 3 brothers, they were like taking a few drops and then started swigging out of this little bottle. i just didn't understand what it actually does to you though
Quote by Dionietzsche

Raise youre hand if youve never tried a painkiller. The effects are actually very comparable to alcohol or weed. The euhporia is just a lot more intense, how ever you can still function. If youre not an idiot and taking in massive amounts of acetaminophen (what the government puts in prescription painkillers to kill you or seriously harm your liver before you get a decent high off of it) then you should be okay.

If you can handle yourself to not get addicted, and either do a cold water extraction to remove the acetaminophen (or just take the more potent pills that have less acetaminophen) then I dont see the problem. Addiction and tolerance builds fast, so you need a decent amount of self discipline.

edit

Quote by evil_armada
i just didn't understand what it actually does to you though

the painkillers that get you high are opiates. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/opiates/opiates.shtml browse around there a bit and youll know pretty much everything you could possibly want to know about them.

The Sky Is The Limit
Quote by SleightOfHand
Raise youre hand if youve never tried a painkiller. The effects are actually very comparable to alcohol or weed. The euhporia is just a lot more intense, how ever you can still function. If youre not an idiot and taking in massive amounts of acetaminophen (what the government puts in prescription painkillers to kill you or seriously harm your liver before you get a decent high off of it) then you should be okay.

Actually the acetaminophen is there because it is an anti-inflammatory, not because of the gov't, or else they would put it in oxycontin (which is pure oxycodone in time release pills) I've also gotten hydrocodone with no acetaminophen or with ibuprofen. And if you're on a fairly high dose of oxycodone (or any other opiate for that matter) there is no way in hell you can function on it.

Last.fm
Quote by evil_armada
ummm cant remember the name... it had owen wilson in it and it was about 3 brothers, they were like taking a few drops and then started swigging out of this little bottle. i just didn't understand what it actually does to you though

That's the Darjeeling Limited, if you take painkillers like they do in that movie, you will probably end up dead within days.
Quote by doggy_hat
Booze is alot worse than many other drugs. It's seems kind of silly to say you'll only stick with one of the more damaging drugs available.

yeah i know, but i dont drink very often, and i can control my drinking as well
Quote by zeppelin4evr41
That's the Darjeeling Limited, if you take painkillers like they do in that movie, you will probably end up dead within days.

That part of the movie where they all just pass the stuff around is so hilarious!

Don't forget to wash down your painkillers with some robotussin. Makes for a real good time!
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
Actually the acetaminophen is there because it is an anti-inflammatory, not because of the gov't, or else they would put it in oxycontin (which is pure oxycodone in time release pills) I've also gotten hydrocodone with no acetaminophen or with ibuprofen. And if you're on a fairly high dose of oxycodone (or any other opiate for that matter) there is no way in hell you can function on it.

It makes sense as being an anti flammatory in the less potent pills but whats the purpose of apap in percocet? Obviously the oxy is going to take over. Same with hydrocodone. Ive been on doses over 400 mg on codeine and 70ish of oxy and functioned just fine. Nowhere near as impairing as drinking 12 or so beers.

The Sky Is The Limit
Quote by Dionietzsche
Gets ya high man... try some and find out, you can probably find them in your parent's medicine cabinet. Vicodin is the ****

And it also is highly addictive. Thats why after I got my wisdom teeth out when I got a prescription I didnt use it.... till one day I got really bored. Its actually pretty cool, but im not doing the **** ever again. If youve ever seen the Tv show House youd know its addictive (vikoden)
Quote by evil_armada

like it was said earlier codine is pretty weak, but if you want to mess around with that stuff, you must be careful. and again you can become extremely addictive, so for your best health, stick to booze.
Quote by MeltingWaxFace
Afterwards I said to her "Why did you blitz my asshole like that?"

Regular (Ibuprofen etc) Painkillers target the hormones in your blood that causes consistent pain. There are two types of pain, immediate and hormonal. Immediate pain is the type of pain that lets you know that there is something wrong, like a bee sting when the bee pierces your skin. Hormonal is the aftereffect, if you will, of the immediate pain.

However, harder stuff, like Vicodin (which is hydrocodone and acetaminophen) (sp?) is like mixing Morphine and Ibuprofen together, and morphine is a form of the poppy/opiate drug, also known as heroin. So you're getting a calming narcotic (the morphine) with a pain killer (the acetaminophen) and combining them together.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society