Page 1 of 2
Alright, I went to see The Dark Knight at the theaters(which was amazing), and I was coming home following my friend in his car. I was messing around and sped up to about 55 in a 45 zone to pass him. I drive a 1987 full size pickup, with some mods. I noticed that a car that was behind my friend also passed and got in my lane. I thought nothing of it.

Later, when I got home, my friend goes: "Did you not see that f***ing cop?" So he tells me that the cop was following me all the way down until I turned at a stop light. I'm pretty sure that he ran my plates and saw nothing, and kept going.

I was SO scared. If I got a ticket, my life would be over. Everything would come crashing down. That might sound exaggerated, but it's true.

ANYWAY, post your encounters or near encounters with the berries and cherries.
Pissed.
The cops around here are pretty lenient with this, and some times real hard asses.

I went 120 on a 100 and the cop let me off with a warning, while my friend went 45 in a school zone, and received a $200 ticket.

I could see where the cop was coming from though, as it is a school zone.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
it sounds like you are worrying about nothing.......
everyone gets pulled over
and everyone gets tickets....
i could see you getting in trouble for going 100 ....but not 55
Total Failure

If every dream is a wish, then to dream of zombies is to wish for an appetite without responsibility
Quote by Colgate Total
The cops around here are pretty lenient with this, and some times real hard asses.

I went 120 on a 100 and the cop let me off with a warning, while my friend went 45 in a school zone, and received a $200 ticket.

Where the **** do you live?!?!??
It cant possibly be that bad, unless you were drinking/doing drugs. Speeding ticket going 10 over, is like $100, and your insurance might go up a little bit.

Not THAT bad.
Ibanez Xiphos XPT700
Laney VH100R
Epi Les Paul (SH-1 '59 neck, SH-11 custom custom bridge)
Quote by shreddin_frets
Where the **** do you live?!?!??

Small town Saskatchewan. =\ Pretty lame.
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Dude, that happens to everybody, even my mom. Its good you've got some grasp of the reality of it now. You WILL get pulled over eventually, and I sincerely doubt your life will come crashing down around you when you do.
HAHA!!! this thread is great! i got pulled over TWICE last night and got away with it both times while a buddy of mine that was coming to meet me got pulled over and was handed a ticket!
About 6 months ago, I as going 70 in a 30 because of something urgent that had happened to my brother. An SUV cop car was crawling on my ass for like 5 minutes before I realized, "OH ****, better slow down."

So I slowed down and they just drove off
It's not the cost I would be worried about. It's the result. My dad would take my truck away and take my license away as soon as he found out. I would also pay for ALL the insurance for all of our vehicles.
Pissed.
Quote by zakky_s
dude, get you a CD with the COPS theme song just in case....

funny thing...i did that, i also got **** the police by NWA
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez RG220
Member of UG's HATECREW
i was speeding like 20 over with a group of 2 other cars.. state trooper on the side of the road then.. pulled over the person behind me..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
Quote by MrMojoRisin'
I believe the combination of you using the dollar sign and a 100 ****ing mile per hour speed limit kind of threw us off.

I believe a lot of you guys didn't consider that he probably meant kilometers and not miles, as he lives in Canada.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Colgate Total
Small town Saskatchewan. =\ Pretty lame.

Oh thats in Norway, and you guys use KMPH, right?
Quote by shreddin_frets
Oh thats in Norway, and you guys use KMPH, right?

:|

You serious?
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

I got pulled over a few months ago doing 83 in a 55. The cop was nice enough to knock the extra 3 miles off so i didn't have to go home in his car. However a 200 dollar ticket wasn't as nearly as bad as how much my insurance jumped. I would have happily paid the ticket 5 or 6 times in order for my insurance not to change. I'm also a male under 25 with a fast car. Insurance is killing me.
I think therefore I shred.

My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez VBT700
Fernandes Vertigo Elite
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Digitech GNX 4
Quote by Zeppelin256
I believe a lot of you guys didn't consider that he probably meant kilometers and not miles, as he lives in Canada.
I caught that instantly. The dollar sign threw me the **** off.
Should come to Aus, man theres no such thing as a lenient cop to a P plater (what the majority of UG would probably be).
As soon as your over they get ya. I was driving down a road the other day and there was a P plater coming towards me, didnt look like he was speeding but he must have been a little over. There was a gas leak up ahead so cops were flying past me to get there. One of em quickly did a 180 and pulled this guy over.
Why would you care about a dangerous gas leak over an entire street? Get the P plater!
Quote by Shylock
Well, If I woke up a girl, I would immediantly proceed to achieving an orgaism.

because they are superior to ours.

I AM HERE TO RIDE BIKE!!!
55 in a 45...what a badass
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by shreddin_frets
Im an American. You expect me to know what other countries use?

I meant you actually thought I was from Norway?

Or that there was actually a town called Kvltville? In the province of Grimly no less?
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Quote by Unofficial
was SO scared. If I got a ticket, my life would be over. Everything would come crashing down. That might sound exaggerated, but it's true.

Okay, chillax...have you forgotten about traffic school? You can get a ticket every 18 months and be perfectly fine. Especially now that you can do it online, it's a joke.

Anyway, some experiences I've had with cops around my area...

Going 60 thru a school zone during school hours but luckily no kids were present or else it'd be worse

I've been let off a few times for speeding, but only going like 10 or so over, so the cop would only be a dick if he DIDN'T let me go. A couple times I've been rolled up on during a smoke session...worst buzzkill ever? I think so...
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Gibson Faded V
Warmoth Strat copy
Epiphone Hummingbird (FS!!)
Ibanez SR400QM
Fender BXR100
Reggae Bass Covers mahn!!!

Quote by Colgate Total
I meant you actually thought I was from Norway?

Or that there was actually a town called Kvltville? In the province of Grimly no less?

Well, you're profile says you're from Norway, so I just went on that. Where are you from, just to clear things up?
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Man. In va there are all these fines on speeding now.
You can get like a 3000$ ticket easily/

You're in VA? What part?

And yeah, VA's a bitch when it comes to speeding.

I'll have to be extra careful once I get my license. I'll have my 90 day provisional, and if I get a ticket while I'm on it then I won't get my license 'til I'm 19!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
That's what you get for breaking the law. They're there for a reason, not so cops can be power-hungry bastards. I'm surprised he didn't pull you over for doing 10 over. Honestly, you deserve to be off the road if you're gonna race your friends. It's not safe out there as it is, and you dicking around doesn't help.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

in NH you'll get pulled over for doing ten over
I think therefore I shred.

My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Ibanez VBT700
Fernandes Vertigo Elite
Ovation Celebrity Deluxe
Digitech GNX 4
Quote by Colgate Total

wait...
u have 100mph zones?

or do u mean kmh?
Call me Trey.
Quote by shreddin_frets
Well, you're profile says you're from Norway, so I just went on that. Where are you from, just to clear things up?

Small town in Saskatchewan. =\

That just gets worse and worse whenever I say it.

KMH ^
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

bwahahahhahaha 90 day provisionals? **** our provisionals goes for 18 months in MD and if you get a ticket....we go back to the beginnngin
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by Colgate Total
Small town in Saskatchewan. =\

That just gets worse and worse whenever I say it.

KMH ^

Well, what country I mean
Page 1 of 2