Your telling me theres no police thread? And before you go saying they arent punk, they mixed reggae & punk and also influenced ska music.

So lets talk about them. Favorite album?

Personally Id say Zenyatta Mondatta or Outlandos D Amour.
they seriously aren't punk..
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
If all you have been listening to by them was their music from Synchronicity, then yes they arent. Go listen to Outlandos D Amour, Next to you is.
Next To You, like the one they put in Rock Band? I wouldn't go as far as calling that punk.

And how ridiculous is it that I can't find a clip on the whole internet of the part in Good Burger where they play a cover of Roxanne over Carmen Electra's smoking hot entrance? Information Age my ass, I can't even get Good Burger....
*reported*

I'm gonna make a Choking Victim in the classic rock forum and call them Classic Rock! IT MAKES PERFECT SENSE!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by KingsofSka
I want to marry axeslash. Only because he hates everyone like me.
:3
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Just a bit of a throwaway comment here but I really like The Police. -nod-
Quote by BlackLuster
DisgruntledDuck, I wish there were more people like you in the world.

Quote by Jaimz
You Sir, have my utmost respect

I have Jaimz' utmost respect and BlackLuster wishes that there were more people like me in the world!
Quote by lavazza
wiki says The Police are post punk and ska influenced, that yould justify the thread, but since we believe in musi and not in uncle wiki, we say close

I totally buy that. It's not like wikipedia is an online encyclopedia that can be editted by anyone and is often incorrect or uncited.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Are you saying they influenced ska or are influenced by ska?

EDIT: You DO know there's an 80's music forum on here, right?