well first of all my gain doesnt seem to be as strong lately, ( it could be just me ?) and ever since i bought my b52 at212 USED i could never get a pinch harmonic near as good sounding as i can on my friends $300 solid amp ( its not technique and i used same guitar) would any of these things be the cause of a cracked tube? ive never replaced them before and how do you tell if they are cracked?
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
If youre tubes were cracked, the thing wouldnt f*ing work xD

Sounds like you probably just need to replace them, but if you really want to know about cracked tubes, they'll turn white on the inside.
cracked no, a cracked tube is toast, as they need the vacuum to operate correctly. You can easily have a bad or worn out tube though, especially if you don't know how old they are.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
k, but mainly what i wanna know is would that cause my pinch harmonics to come out like **** cause when were playing together and we throw those in mine sound dry and really short like you hear it but very weak
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by krazydrummer
k, but mainly what i wanna know is would that cause my pinch harmonics to come out like **** cause when were playing together and we throw those in mine sound dry and really short like you hear it but very weak

sure, even a worn out preamp tube can do that. Loses a lot of upper end bite, and clarity. Everything just starts to sound dull and lifeless with beatdown tubes.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
perfect thats exactly whats missing. do i replace all the tubes? and probably stick with the same brand of tubes thats in?

edit: and its pretty easy i just got to unscrew the gate part in the back. but i dont know what to look for in used tubes as ive never seen brand new ones
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
email Doug at Dougtubes.com. Tell him what amp you have, what the different V1-V5 positions do(assuming 5 preamp tubes), and tell him what you are looking for as far improvement. Great service, nice selection of tubes, and he can recommend you something pretty good based on what you are looking for.
amp clips
amp vids