Ok, so I've got LimeWire on Vista, but it won't work. All 5 bars stay red, indicating that I have no connection, and it's saying I'm behind a firewall, even though I'm running no firewall software and have disabled the Vista firewall. Any idea what my problem is?
sig goes here
Use the far superior utorrent
I decided I want to be more like the people on ug...

Searchbar!!!

That oughta do it.

Time for a supercool guitar demonstration by herman li,

Herman Li- why is this guitar so big?

Stage guy- because its a bass herman

don't steal music

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus-Top, SH-2 and SH-5
Ibanez GRX20
Baron Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby
Boss MT-2 Metal Zone
Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter
Boss BF-3 Flanger
Quote by Colgate Total
The problem is you're using Vista.

LOLOLOL

Good. Vista wont let you use Limewire. Limewire sucks, and kills EVERYHING. Good for you, Vista.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Frostwire.

<_<
>_>

I think it's the same thing though....
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Colgate Total
The problem is you're using Vista.

+1
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Yeah, utorrent all the way.
Quote by gallagher2006
Whats a Steve Vai? Floyd Rose ripoff?

Quote by Mr. Twelve
Behold...the Arctopus are obviously music. I don't see how anyone could say they're not music compared to many modern and post-modern composers. That being said, I think B...tA are terrible.
Quote by koalabacon
+1

It's definitely the decent operation system's fault, and not the ****ty-ass p2p program.
Vista is a FINE operating system. Most you Vista bashers probably never even used it.
Maybe you should try buying?

__.-~~~~-.|___|___|__
_/********\_|___|___|
|*/**\**/**`~~~~~-.__
||****|**0*********@_
||****|***.********|_
\|****|***\*******/__
_\****/**/`~~~~~~`|__
_('--'""`)__|___|___|
Quote by Jesus
LedDaveZeppelin, You are so awesome.
Well, it could have something to do with the fact that I'm at a LAN, and I doubt their router has the correct ports open. But yes our home router does have some form of firewall in it, but as far as I'm aware the correct ports are open. I mean it works fine on our other two computers that are running XP, so I suspect it's something to do with Vista.

Oh and about Frostwire, good idea, I'll try it.
sig goes here
Or try not using limewire, and move to torrents.
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
I think we've found the problem, Pit.

1. Vista
2. Limewire
3. Expecting a straight answer from a bunch anonymous internet users.

Also, Limewire sucks and Vista sucks. Torrents are your friend and so is Google.
Quote by RPGoof
It's definitely the decent operation system's fault, and not the ****ty-ass p2p program.
Vista is a FINE operating system. Most you Vista bashers probably never even used it.

no. vista sucks, and yes ive used it. its still new and has MANY flaws and bugs.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

^ dont like your signature, its rude to Buddhism

anyways, vista works fine with limewire, or it does on my computer
Quote by x/taluha
^ dont like your signature, its rude to Buddhism

anyways, vista works fine with limewire, or it does on my computer

lighten up. imo its funny.
Quote by HeretiK538

Have my children.

Quote by koalabacon
lighten up. imo its funny.

It's actually not.

But uh, Limewire is pretty damn bad, I suggest looking up utorrent like everyone has already said, or try using soulseek, I use it and it's really good.
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
man if you limewire eventually your whole computer will stop working, use torrents or SLSK, hell you can DL a lot of individual songs on playlist.com
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Well, buying cds dont screw up your computer... how about not stealing from your favourite bands for a change.
Quote by Shredslayer
Well, buying cds dont screw up your computer... how about not stealing from your favourite bands for a change.

Well my favorite artists are mostly European and on very small European labels and I really can't afford to spend $30-$40 to import albums, and that's way too much anyway.

Also I refuse to buy anything from an RIAA affiliated label, I will however buy stuff from non-RIAA labels that isn't prohibitively overpriced.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by imicius
Torrents are your friend and so is Google.

Already been to Google, several times. Haven't found an answer yet. So I figured I'd come and ask the Pit, cause there's tonnes of people in here and surely one of them would have the answer to my question.

Anyway, I got Frostwire, and that seems to be working fine for me, although it seems to get less results than LimeWire. Oh well, I can live with it.

And for all those telling me to buy music, well I would if I had the money. Trust me, it pains me to be downloading the music of my favourite artists rather than paying them the money they so richly deserve for their amazing music, but with no income, what can I do? I'm sure they'd rather I downloaded their music now and listened to it and bought the album as soon as I have the money.
sig goes here