Well I am most likely going to ask my dad's friend if I can be an apprentice at his body shop. I have no clue where to start, so can someone point me in the direction of a webpage with the definitions used for car parts and the different terms used (for ex. torque).

Thanks in advanced guys.
around here to become that you have to have your journeyman papers in auto repair or body work
音乐是生活
Music is Life

Ibanez RG2550Z, Edwards Jimmy Page LP Relic Custom, 06 Fender Clapton SS, Line6 Spider III 112, Peavey Classic 30, Boss HD-1, Boss Green Label Chorus, Boss SD1 Overdrive, MXR Fuzz, Blues Breaker
if you are doing bodywork you need to be more worried about welding and things like that than mechanics TBH.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
howstuffworks.com go to the engineering and cars bit.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Cars.. hmm.. There's seats and a steering wheel, what more do you need to know?
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
Quote by Chips-
Cars.. hmm.. There's seats and a steering wheel, what more do you need to know?

Design, car humor, current events, world politics...
Owner of the Murder, She Wrote club
Quote by LP Addict
Quote by Vinyl_Master
Oh, finish the guitar, then spill whiskey and coffee on it. Lock in dank basement for several years, enjoy.

don't forget feces. i always get that on my axe somehow.
Quote by Flea_Is_God
get used to sanding lol

+1 and a half. I've subbed in at my grandpa's body shop, some of it's brutal work. Flying shards of metal/glass, deadly paint dust in the air, heavy steel car parts falling and shifting every direction...

My grandpa once let a hood slam on his hands. His fingers were cut down to the bone, and nobody was there to lift the hood back up for him.

After an hour and a half the neighbor finally saw him.

Moral of the story: BE CAREFUL.
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
+1 and a half. I've subbed in at my grandpa's body shop, some of it's brutal work. Flying shards of metal/glass, deadly paint dust in the air, heavy steel car parts falling and shifting every direction...

My grandpa once let a hood slam on his hands. His fingers were cut down to the bone, and nobody was there to lift the hood back up for him.

After an hour and a half the neighbor finally saw him.

Moral of the story: BE CAREFUL.

I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
i took a classs on automotive for half a year. i know pretty much all you need ta know besides welding. tourque is like the burst of energy that gives acceloration and horse power is the resistance the car has for outer forces, hand in hand they obtain their meanings but its kinda inverse tho cuz if your gonna haul stuff like boats or trailers then you want more tourque but then horse power if you wana go fast. id say they must switch theyre definitions to the real examples, or im jst wrong with that part. the only cool thing i remember in the class was breaking car windows cuz they needed to be replaced. so we took break pins to break car windows.

a car windsheild has 3 layers of flexible plastick so that if you hit it with a 30 pound blunt sledge hammer then it will not peirce, it will just catch it like a net almost. its crazy.