My dog just sits inside all day and sleeps ALL day, that's all he does, just chills with me and listens to music, but mainly sleeps all day, he does go outside often and is playful sometimes, but I think he might be depressed or something, I don't know, can dogs be depressed?
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
i heard somewhere that if a dog is eating grass it means that it's depressed. IS YOUR DOG EATING GRASS?
Maybe you should walk your dog and take him out somewhere than just leave him sitting in the house. Or he can be depressed because he gets no pussy.
Quote by burrit0
Maybe you should walk your dog and take him out somewhere than just leave him sitting in the house. Or he can be depressed because he gets no pussy.

Well he had a girlfriend but he would always stay out all night and come home in the morning and get in trouble ( ) but we stopped him from doing that

my dog is 5
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by TDKshorty
Well he had a girlfriend but he would always stay out all night and come home in the morning and get in trouble ( ) but we stopped him from doing that

my dog is 5
Hmm, seems like we found the problem.
Sounds EXACTLY like one of my two dogs and hes around 6 years old. Although, every now and then he gets really excited it just dies down soon after. Does he have alot of hair? Mine did and we got it nearly shaved off (a mistake on the barbers part) and hes been alot more lively with his fur coat gone. It gets hot here in Greece in the summer so I think hes alot more comfortable. Hes alot more playful now and plays with my other dog as well.
Quote by TDKshorty

my dog is 5

Could that be why?
Quote by TDKshorty
My dog just sits inside all day and sleeps ALL day, that's all he does, just chills with me and listens to music, but mainly sleeps all day, he does go outside often and is playful sometimes, but I think he might be depressed or something, I don't know, can dogs be depressed?

hmmmm..... did you cut his nuts off?
Quote by HeretiK538
Totally awesome, I love you.

Have my children.

Quote by Arthur Curry
i heard somewhere that if a dog is eating grass it means that it's depressed. IS YOUR DOG EATING GRASS?

When a dog eats grass it's because it has a sore stomach and wants to throw something up, not because it's depressed.
I don't know if dogs get depressed but I told my cat about the credit crunch and he hasn't been the same since
Yes, I think they can.
My dog was 'depressed' for ages.
He wouldn't come out from under his bed (Yes, under... he goes under it to get away from the heat) and i literally had to drag him out from under there for walks.
When anyone went to pat him, he'd run to his bed and wouldn't come out.
He looked miserable (as miserable as dogs can look) and he never moved.
Idk, then for some reason he just got happy again.
I think it's like a transition thing - like when women go through the change at about 50 or whatever. He'll come out of it eventually...
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by GaijinFoot
I don't know if dogs get depressed but I told my cat about the credit crunch and he hasn't been the same since

My cats are pretty happy cats i think, when ever i put my hand above my ginger cat he always jumps up and head butts my hand in a really playful way and purrs as soon as you come near him.
Quote by TDKshorty

Do you try to play with him? Maybe he doesn't like listening to music.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light