So I got a used Epiphone G400 for $150, which I thought was a great deal. I'm pretty sure it's about 10 years old so some of the things on it are getting pretty aged. One of the nuts that hold a pot in practically crumbled apart so while I'm getting that fixed, I figured I've got $70 so I could do some other upgrading as well.

I'm not looking for new pickups since the guy had already installed a Duncan in the bridge. I was thinking more along the lines of new pots, switch (because there's some crackleing), tuners, pickgaurd, maybe even a bridge. Just little things like that.

Thanks for the help.
Last edited by TheEak at Jul 19, 2008,
my epi g400 is about 4 years old and the pots are pretty much worn out now, either no volume or tone then al of a sudden its at full volume and tone and there a bit scratchy too. might be worth checking them making sure there ok, i need to change mine when i get the chance.
Quote by jimmybob24
my epi g400 is about 4 years old and the pots are pretty much worn out now, either no volume or tone then al of a sudden its at full volume and tone and there a bit scratchy too. might be worth checking them making sure there ok, i need to change mine when i get the chance.

Any suggestions on replacements?
try alpha pots there very good quality and cheap enough. just make sure you get the right ones (the right values should say on the back of the pots already fitted they should stock them at your local guitar shop, or guitar tech)