Hey guys ive just started a new project, and we put this song together in about 2 hrs. The recording quality isnt very good, but you can still get the feel of the song. Its also without any bass or lead guitar parts, so it pretty bare. I would love any feedback on what you guys think. You can find it at www.myspace.com/glorydaystayband
Originally posted by Steve
never heard of a hickey, im guessing its an american thing?

The greatest trick of the devil is to make us believe he doesn't exist
Hey mate, not too bad. Sounds pretty poppy and I mean that in a good way - it's a very nice tune. I'd like a bit more heaviness, something along the lines of the Foos, but that's probably personal taste. I don't want to sound like the rock stereotype, but I think the song could do with a prominent chorus. There were a few times I felt like the song was building to one but it didn't come. Hope that was helpful.
thanks mate appreciate it. yeah i actually agree with the bit a bout the chorus, we actually wrote something to slot in the middle cause we think the same that it needs something to go to. I think bass and more guitars would fill it out a bit probably making it a bit heavier...but thanks heaps for the feedback!

Yeah, I figured those extra instruments would help a lot. I actually only just realised you had a Foos avatar. The song kinda reminded me of them but not in a direct "omg that sounds just like Monkey Wrench!" way. Just keep working on that chorus
It feels pretty much .. techno (because of the drums).. still it's nowhere near techno. I don't like the drums, all the rest is pretty sweet.
Nice nice guys.
haha yeah they are a great band...thanks for the comment^ yeah that drums arent great i guess, we would play live with drums but just for recordings sake, its easier doing it just with a drum loop.