Hi everyone

I am a newbie when it comes to playing guitars...just been playing for a few months. I have an Ibanez RGR421EXFM. Ever since the guitar shipped, I've been having this constant fret buzz problem particularly with the 6th, 5th (and sometimes the 4th) strings.

I want to ascertain whether its a problem with the action, whether the truss rod needs adjustment or whether I should just put in a new set of strings. The problem is that I bought my guitar in a different city and where I now live, there are no guitar shops or technicians. People usually do this stuff themselves or take it to another city (which isn't an option for me at the moment).

I've been reading the manuals and trying to make sense out of youtube videos on adjusting the truss rod. They make sense and I understand its a dangerous thing to do as one can distort the truss rod permanently. While I am not an expert on guitars, I think this might be a good chance to learn something which might be useful later on...I can't always depend on technicians to solve these problems after all (esp not when they're not in the same city...)

I don't know what to do...should I do very fine truss rod adjustments myself or live with the buzz for now (PS--its annoying sometimes, esp with the 6th string).

Suggestions? Should I take the plunge? Is it as hard as everyone is making it out to be? Is there a safe way to do it?

(PS--This has probably been discussed before, but I posted this anyway because I wanted to know if its possible to figure out what needs to be looked into and how.)

Thanks in advance.
For the 6th string, all the way up to the 9th fret.

For the 5th string, the lower frets...up to 3rd.

For the 4th string, 1st or 2nd fret.
you might need to raise the action
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by XianXiuHong
Take your strings out and see if some slots seem very worn down or significantly more worn than the other string slots.

Did that, seems okay. Just the buzz on the 5th and 6th strings...