Page 1 of 2
Today i was told by a friend that i might have major depression. That being said I wont be on the fourms as much as i used to. If you ever wondered Depression is the reason that i have been on and off with the fourms since i joined, but now i am getting it treated. I put this thred togeter to expain why I wont be on much anymore and to get other members of the fourm ideas thoughts and stories on this subject.
I'm sorry man

But, don't do anything bad to yourself. It's hard to say it when your down, but there is always is a silver lining, sometimes, it's just hard to come by.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Wait... could you expand on the bit about Depression being why you're on and off forums?
I'm confused.

In fact, this entire thread confuses me.

It took a friend to tell you that you're depressed for you to think it? What are you depressed about, if you don't mind me asking? Or rather, what caused it?

Anywho, good luck getting treated. My uncle is clinically depressed or whatever it's called, and it's like he's not the same person as he used to be. Really sad.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by XianXiuHong
Reported

Get off his back, depression is a serious thing.

yeah its serious, and everyone goes through it at some stage.

sink or swim.
Quote by grunger

sink or swim.

Calling the TS a sucker and telling him to get on with life isn't going to help, if you truly understood how bad depression is, you would know that you can't just snap out of it.
Quote by grunger

sink or swim.

Feeling depressed (i.e. "sad") isn't the same thing as having depression. Your comment is basically like telling someone with a broken leg that everyone gets leg pains at some stage, and to quit being a pussy.
Quote by MrP
Feeling depressed (i.e. "sad") isn't the same thing as having depression. Your comment is basically like telling someone with a broken leg that everyone gets leg pains at some stage, and to quit being a pussy.

More like telling someone with cancer that everybody gets sick now and then and to stop complaining about it.

And you were diagnosed by a friend?
you will fight death as you slowly realize...
Depression is a tricky issue... I know for a fact that some people use it as a ploy to get what they want... but some people do have issues in that area and do need help... i think before you bash anyone for being depressed you should ask yourself... do i know this person well enough to justify what i am saying???
When I feel depressed I look out my window to the homeless borderline retarded man sleeping infront of a gas station, then i laugh at his ****ty life and realize mine is much better.

also, everyones problems are relative, depression doesnt care if your an alcoholic native on a reserve or a rich white kid.
Quote by grunger

sink or swim.

Shut the fuck up.
You're an idiot.
Once depression directly affects you, or someone you love, you'll change your view completely.
Don't make light of something that has the potential to destroy lives.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by grunger
to me, depression is for suckers.

get on with life.

ignorant moron...

Man, it finally feels good to be able to call someone else names.

Usually I get called ignorant moron...
I suffered from depression a couple of years ago.
It was mostly from the bad weather, lack of friends at the time, and a really really really guilty conscious. if this has been going on for more than 3 months get some help, if not see if you can find anything that makes you fell better.
Shut the fuck up.
You're an idiot.
Once depression directly affects you, or someone you love, you'll change your view completely.
Don't make light of something that has the potential to destroy lives.

It has affected people around me, 1 being my uncle who's wife died, and got remarried and hasnt left his house since, 2nd being my dads friends son, killed himself. And i dont give a **** about how bad it can be. People should be able to kill a demon with their will. If they can't, they deserve it. Sorry guys i have my reasons to despise it.
Last edited by grunger at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by XianXiuHong
Reported

Get off his back, depression is a serious thing.

don't report just cause you disagree, dickhead

what rule did he break?

Quote by Snowblind 911
Wait... could you expand on the bit about Depression being why you're on and off forums?
I'm confused.

In fact, this entire thread confuses me.

It took a friend to tell you that you're depressed for you to think it? What are you depressed about, if you don't mind me asking? Or rather, what caused it?

Anywho, good luck getting treated. My uncle is clinically depressed or whatever it's called, and it's like he's not the same person as he used to be. Really sad.

usually it's not just one thing that causes it.. probably a chemical imbalance in the brain.

Quote by grunger
It has affected people around me, 1 being my uncle who's wife died, and got remarried and hasnt left his house since, 2nd being my dads friends son, killed himself. And i dont give a **** about how bad it can be. People should be able to kill a demon with their will. If they can't, they deserve it. Sorry guys i have my reasons to despise it.

that's not fair, depression is hard to overcome, especially by yourself
Last edited by clown phobia at Jul 19, 2008,
Ummm, honestly? By A friend? Does he even know what it is?

I have depression and so far it looks like you guys have the wrong Idea of it, its where a fluid in your brain that keeps your emotions under check is higher or lower than normal creating a huge imbalance in your moods.

In other words huge mood swings, generally more towards the depressed mood, hence the name depression.

It sounds to me like he just says your depressed
Quote by sSyLc
Who's Ug?
Quote by grunger

So instead of trying to ameliorate the symptoms of TS's possible depression and save other people from the horrible side effects that you've experienced yourself, you post comments that hold the potential to worsen the threadstarter's condition. I suppose if the threadstarter did something similar to what your dad's friend's son did, it would be OK by you?

If you despise it don't contribute to it.

TS, is your friend basing this off of your mood or is he/she someone who has the knowledge to professionally diagnose depression? If not, you should see a doctor. Everyone goes through feelings of angst during their teenage years, so it might just be that. Clinical depression needs serious treatment, though. Best of luck to you.

EDIT: If the DOB in your profile is right, I think it would be more likely than not that you indeed have clinical depression.
Last edited by ih8u2 at Jul 19, 2008,
ive had serious depression
i managed to get over it though
it comes and goes though
Hold up, if its diagnosed then its clinical depression which im talking about, but some people just get a stage where they are depressed heaps sometime in there life, dont worry if its that you'll get over it, im sure
Quote by sSyLc
Who's Ug?
Quote by grunger

get on with life.

Flame and rape this man, he has no idea what he's talking about.

And TS, I'm sorry to hear it.
Quote by grunger

get on with life.

comments like that make it worse.

If its really gonna help, i had major depression for the last year or so but my friends have been very tolerant and supportive and i've managed to get through it thanks to them. It does get better.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Trust me - just go to the doctors. The sooner you start getting your life together again the better

Been there, done that.
Not be an asshole but I was under the impression that their was a "only" thread for this topic, and everything related to depression clinical or not ?
Quote by XianXiuHong
He made a rude post, implying the TS was weak, in a way, he was kicking him while he was down, dickhead.

Yes I see this and I do agree with you - but it's not breaking any rules, so it's not really necessary to report IMO
I'm depressed, but being all depressed about it isn't going to get me anywhere.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by grunger

get on with life.

It's a mental illness, stop being so ignorantly insensitive, it's not just feeling down for a couple of hours, it's pretty serious.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by clown phobia
Yes I see this and I do agree with you - but it's not breaking any rules, so it's not really necessary to report IMO

If you click that report button, it tells you that you can report for rude posts.

The guy I reported was clearly harassing the TS, which is against the rules.
You were told by a friend? Please go hear it from a doctor.

I'm guessing that it means the symptoms are pretty obvious and it's bad for you, but get diagnosed officially. I hope things get easier for you though D:
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by grunger

sink or swim.

Wrong. Everyone goes through bouts of sadness at times. Clinical depression is a medical issue.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
Wrong. Everyone goes through bouts of sadness at times. Clinical depression is a medical issue.

Ewww I missed that post, +36809286
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by Gunpowder

But people have been having clinical depression for hundreds of years. A person doesn't need drugs or therapy to get over it. Time heals all wounds.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
But people have been having clinical depression for hundreds of years. A person doesn't need drugs or therapy to get over it. Time heals all wounds.

But without drugs or therapy the problem may not get better soon enough and the person may get into a situation where they're contemplating death.

Not saying I think that drugs are very helpful, but therapy helps.
Quote by SteveHouse
Dont trust your friend. Go to an expert to find out for sure. Depression is serious. I had a family member a month ago hang himself from his. So, please take care of yourself and go to a doctor to find out for sure.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by breadstick

People have dealt with schizophrenia for years. Should we not treat that? What about cancer or internal bleeding? Should we not treat those either because people need to "tough them out?"

Clinical depression is a mental illness, it's not just "being sad." It's the same as insomnia being a medical condition, not just failing to sleep. Just as not everyone who has difficulty sleeping is an insomniac, not everyone who is sad from time to time is depressed.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by grunger

get on with life.

Fuck off.

And TS: I agree with Reva, go see a doctor before you assume you're depressed. Unless of course, your friend IS a doctor.
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
Quote by Gunpowder
People have dealt with schizophrenia for years. Should we not treat that? What about cancer or internal bleeding? Should we not treat those either because people need to "tough them out?"

Clinical depression is a mental illness, it's not just "being sad." It's the same as insomnia being a medical condition, not just failing to sleep. Just as not everyone who has difficulty sleeping is an insomniac, not everyone who is sad from time to time is depressed.

Trust me, I know all about clinical depression. But I believe that where possible, people should be independent of drugs which may cause dependencies or side effects to develop. Perhaps the saying "time heals all wounds" would be better said "time heals clinical depression (among other things), but not genetic mutations/serious diseases like schizophrenia and cancer".
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Quote by breadstick
Trust me, I know all about clinical depression. But I believe that where possible, people should be independent of drugs which may cause dependencies or side effects to develop. Perhaps the saying "time heals all wounds" would be better said "time heals clinical depression (among other things), but not genetic mutations/serious diseases like schizophrenia and cancer".

Clinical depression is serious. It won't kill you in and of itself, but I had a friend once who tried to hang herself as a direct side effect of depression. Thank God, she was found and stopped at the last second (literally; she'd be dead now if someone hadn't stumbled in on her any later). I highly, highly doubt she would have done that if she were on anti-depressants.

Trying to tough something out is all well and good, but drugs and medications are made for a reason.
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]

Quote by Kensai

Quote by Dirge Humani

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Gunpowder
I highly, highly doubt she would have done that if she were on anti-depressants.

I don't know, anti depressants only cover up the worse feelings. They don't solve a problem really and I know that at least the first few weeks I was on them whilst it worked during that time I also felt like my emotions were muted, then AFTER a few weeks they eventually stopped working.

They can be helpful while you're waiting for therapy or starting therapy and waiting to solve the real problem.
Quote by SteveHouse
Page 1 of 2