Just tried this guitar at the store, and liked it instantly. I will be picking it up in 2 days after it is set up in drop C.

There aren't many reviews around for it so I was wondering:
-Does the really small/thin body affect the tone?
-Will it be fine for drop C with thicker gauge strings?
-Anyone else own this guitar or have any opinions on it? Thanks

I'll be playing it through an EHX Metal muff which I ordered from ebay so I can't wait to play it <3

Link:
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S320
Quote by Platinumcs
Just tried this guitar at the store, and liked it instantly. I will be picking it up in 2 days after it is set up in drop C.

There aren't many reviews around for it so I was wondering:
-Does the really small/thin body affect the tone?
-Will it be fine for drop C with thicker gauge strings?
-Anyone else own this guitar or have any opinions on it? Thanks

I'll be playing it through an EHX Metal muff which I ordered from ebay so I can't wait to play it <3

Link:
http://www.ibanez.com/eg/guitar.aspx?m=S320

1. Yes, a small/thin body will affect the tone, but it won't be so thin your sound will be bad as long as the wood it's made out of is thick.
2. Yes, it should be, I'd use .12s or .14s if I were playing in Drop C.
3. I do not own the guitar, but it's an Ibanez S320, it should be pretty decent.

Hope you're happy with your new toy

EDIT: You may want to change out the stock pickups though, Ibanez stock pups aren't that great.
Quote by XianXiuHong
EDIT: You may want to change out the stock pickups though, Ibanez stock pups aren't that great.

How would I go about doing this and how much would it cost for a better set?
I have been playing from 5 years on an Ashton starter guitar with an action so big I could almost fit my hand under the strings so I am pretty sure I'll be happy with the upgrade as it is
Quote by XianXiuHong
1. Yes, a small/thin body will affect the tone, but it won't be so thin your sound will be bad as long as the wood it's made out of is thick.
3. I do not own the guitar, but it's an Ibanez S320, it should be pretty decent.

.14 gauge strings!! Holy ****!
Quote by Platinumcs
How would I go about doing this and how much would it cost for a better set?
I have been playing from 5 years on an Ashton starter guitar with an action so big I could almost fit my hand under the strings so I am pretty sure I'll be happy with the upgrade as it is

Well, I'm not exactly a pro on pickup advice, but I'd recommend in looking at some Seymour Duncans or DiMarzio pickups.

You can either install them yourself or get a technician to install them (if you buy the pickups from the store, they might install the pickups for free, just make sure nothing can be stolen off your guitar, like a tremolo arm)

I live in Australia, so, I wouldn't really know the prices over in America, but everything musical in Australia's overpriced, so I can't really help you on price, sorry.
Quote by XianXiuHong

I live in Australia, so, I wouldn't really know the prices over in America, but everything musical in Australia's overpriced, so I can't really help you on price, sorry.

I live probably 2 hours away from you. Across the mountains

How much are we talking?
about 80 bucks for a bucker

but really, only replace it, if YOU think the pups are bad

The fact it doesnt have nay review is that it is a new introduced guitar and kicks ass with the ZR trem, best bang for your buck imo.

edit: review over at http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar/product/Ibanez/S320/10/1

ps. I do not work for ibanez
Last edited by Jasdebi at Jul 19, 2008,
Quote by Jasdebi
about 80 bucks for a bucker

but really, only replace it, if YOU think the pups are bad

The fact it doesnt have nay review is that it is a new introduced guitar and kicks ass with the ZR trem, best bang for your buck imo.

Thanks

Like I said though, playing this thing was amazing. Especially past the 12th fret, it was like magic compared to my starter guitar.
Quote by XianXiuHong

+1

Don't buy pickups blindly though, think about what tone you're after and what kind of characteristics of the pickup you want. Before you even think about getting new pickups, if you're still using the amp from your Ashton starter set; get a new amp!
Try out the pickups before you do anything rash like buying new ones, but generally Ibanez stock pickups aren't considered that great. DiMarzio and Ibanez seem to have an affinity with each other, possibly to do with their body woods making a good partnership with the pickups' tone.
Good luck
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
You can play Drop C with 9s.
But I suppose thicker strings will be useful for some people, have a tried guitars in Drop C with the most common string sizes?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by Simsimius
You can play Drop C with 9s.
But I suppose thicker strings will be useful for some people, have a tried guitars in Drop C with the most common string sizes?

What the hell?

You can play with .9s but they're slacker than Pamela Anderson's vagina.