I used the search bar and couldn't find anything so I made this thread.

I picked up the new album today at the Sydney signing. In my opinion its the best Living End album since Modern Artillary. What do you guys think of it?
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

And a master of storytelling...

Quote by Jackolas
andychalmers102, that story is awesome.
i love this one aye
its soo good
favourite tracks atm are probably

Waiting for the Silence
Moment in the Sun
21st Century
Hey Hey Disbeliever'

even though their all really good

i love chris's vocals on this one
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
yeah this album is really Chris at his best

my faves are:
How Do We Know
Raise The Alarm
Loaded Gun
21st Century
Hey Hey Disbeliever
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton
ok, as usual pit is being very unhelpful except andychalmers, so im gonna go post this someplace else

Quote by Jackolas
Definetly the best since Modern Artillery. State of Emergency was a bit of a let down personally, but White Noise has brought my confindence in The Living End back.

I like Raise the Alarm the best so far. How Do We Know, Loaded Gun and Hey Hey Disbeliever are pretty cool also.
I'm in love with it. The Living End are my absolute favorite band. I think it's more of a transitional album- soundwise, I think it's like a mix of Roll On and Modern Artillery, with some plain rock n' roll thrown in, not all that punk- but I think it's definitely one of their best. The lyrics on Hey Hey Disbeliever are sweet, and Sum of Us is a great new sound.

Chris has improved so much as a singer since the self titled. His voice is unbelievable on Waiting For the Silence, Make the Call, Sum of Us, and Loaded Gun. The guitar is, as always, unreal. Also, there are some good bass lines in there by Scott, and Andy is solid as ever. The only song that has yet to grow on me is Kid, but I'm sure it'll get there.

My only complaint about the general sound that White Noise the song sounds a little too poppy. I think that Listen Up Suzy and CIA (both B-sides to White Noise) could have easily made the album. But hey, I still like it. Now I just have to wait for a USA tour.
If only summer rain would fall, on the houses and the boulevards
And the sidewalk bagatelles, it's like a dream
With the roar of cars and the lulling of the cafe bars,
The sweetly sleeping sweeping of the Seine...
I wish that Chris Cheney had died in that Car Crash.

Even though he'd be some cult figure as opposed to a nobody.

He really is godawful. And not just awful. Emerson Lake and Palmer godawful.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Blasphemy
your entitled to your own opinion
but if your just gunna come here and talk **** about chris
why even post at all?

CHRIS = BLOODY LEGEND
Quote by Ed Hunter
Kick your brother in his penis adorned head.
Quote by RockThe40oz
I've never listened to them.. what kind of music do they play? Anything I'd be interested in?

Yeah its sort of like punkabilly/Alt Punk
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
Quote by Dazza
Blasphemy
your entitled to your own opinion
but if your just gunna come here and talk **** about chris
why even post at all?

CHRIS = BLOODY LEGEND
He came in here to talk **** because that's what we do here on a forum where anyone can post. We VOICE OUR OPINION.

lrn2internets.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Wait you wanted someone to die because you don't like the music he plays?

That seems logical.

Chris Cheney is probably a better guitarist than most guitarists in popular bands nowadays. The stuff he plays and sings at the same time aswell is amazing. I haven't had the chance to see them live yet but I've seen DVD's and they are so much better live aswell. E Boogie would have to be my all time favourite instrumental song.

Could you tell me why he's "godawful"?
Quote by Imas
Wait you wanted someone to die because you don't like the music he plays?

That seems logical.
It's called hyperbole. You might wanna look it up sometime.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Ahh, these guys are my favourite band =D

New album is amazing, seriously. I can't get enough of it, it's soooo good!
Quote by BrianApocalypse

and how is that godawful???
I'm here to help

Quote by Jimbleton

Quote by Jackolas
God that solo was terrible. I mean the whole song was boring. But the solo just clinches it.
I'm even less impressed than I was a few hours ago.
I think he's an OK guitarist. Not amazing, but certainly not bad. The band itself is average.
He certainly does have decent chops, but stuff like that doesnt really belong under the umbrella of punk does it?

Id liken him to The Reverend Horton Heat. I dont think anyone considers that band punk.
^Some people do. But, to me, they seem to be more on the rockabilly side of psychobilly. The Living End sounds like pop-rock with the occasional rockabillyish guitar solo.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

I really don't like him or the band, but no one is as bad as Emerson, Lake and Palmer.
Well personally I don't thin they are the most amazing bands going around but I do think they are probably Australia's most solid and reliable band. It isn't spectacular but it is always going to be great fun to blaze in your car, swill a beer to or watch live. They aren't really punk, especially not anymore; they may have been early on but now they are just good pub rock n roll.

As for Chris I think he is a bloody solid as and vastly underrated guitarist. His singing is bloody good however his lyrics sometimes leave a little to be desired.

I like the debate going on here but I don't exactly think wishing he died in that car crash is mentally sane.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I change my mind, Chris Cheney is a genius.

Not only can he play the Teletubbies theme tune really sloppily, but he can also use fast slap delay to make it appear as if he's playing twice as many notes.

The Cünt.

That sounded alot like the Teletubbies theme. I mean how right you were again. By the way I also really liked how you picked Roll On which I personally think is one of their worst songs. Listen to The Room. That is one of their best songs if not the best song. Even their older stuff like Traces of Doubt.

We might just have to agree to disagree. You'll never see my point as I will never see yours.
You REALLY don't think that his solo sounded like the teletubbies theme tune?

Let's compare them again:

The Teletubbies Theme Tune:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9uxWT3nokI

Chris Cheney's guitar masturbation:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUOizW5x7uw

Can't see the glaring similarity?

Incidentally, the female reader is Punk celebrity Toyah Wilcox.

I hear she's married to King Crimson frontman Robert Fripp.

Quote by mbbmalcolm
I really don't like him or the band, but no one is as bad as Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

I stand corrected.
Quote by Imas
That sounded alot like the Teletubbies theme. I mean how right you were again. By the way I also really liked how you picked Roll On which I personally think is one of their worst songs. Listen to The Room. That is one of their best songs if not the best song. Even their older stuff like Traces of Doubt.

We might just have to agree to disagree. You'll never see my point as I will never see yours.
Look. He doesn't like the band. Get over yourself. It's just some guy who wanks on guitar all day and plays cliche rock progressions with the original gimmick.
Oh yeah, I didn't even pick roll on specifically, I just picked the first thing that came up.

Although even if another song came up, that song would suck too.