Hey UG,
i recently changed the volume pot from 500k to 250k but the screw to bolt the pot onto the pickguard doesn't fit.. anyways to fit it i was wondering if the bracket comes off so i can put the old bracket on
Different companies use different thread sizes. Most pots will come with the nuts and washers needed. If yours didn't then you will need to go to a music shop and get one. Most small music shops have boxes of little parts like that in the back that they will give to you but if you do have to pay for it, it shouldn't be more than a few cents.

Edit: I just reread your post and realized that perhaps you meant the pot wont fit thru the hole in the pickgaurd. If that is the case then you need to ream the whole so that it's bigger.
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CorduroyEW
Different companies use different thread sizes. Most pots will come with the nuts and washers needed. If yours didn't then you will need to go to a music shop and get one. Most small music shops have boxes of little parts like that in the back that they will give to you but if you do have to pay for it, it shouldn't be more than a few cents.

Edit: I just reread your post and realized that perhaps you meant the pot wont fit thru the hole in the pickgaurd. If that is the case then you need to ream the whole so that it's bigger.

yep. if that is the case you need to increase the pick gaurd hole. I actually use the largest drill bit I have (don't remeber size) but it is about the width of my little finger.

what guitar is this?

on my MIM Strat, if I change pick guards i have to "route' out the hole a bit to make it fit. And yes, parts are cheap if you have to swap something else out.