hello i'm gettin this amp in 1 week http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/peavey-bandit-112/434 peavey transtube 112 bandit new model in the extension plug on the back would this marshall http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/76156 be ok to work or what extra cab would u recomend i would like a extra cab for playing those little larger gigs were the 80 watts might not be enuff and with the cab it goes to 100 watts - dose that cut the internal speaker out thanks adam
vintage metal axxe reaper
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
The 80 watts will be plenty by itsself, most venues have an in house pa anyway , so your amp can be miced up
I'm currently running my Transtube into a 2 x 12 Peavey cabinet while my main amp is getting serviced, it's going well, But 65 watts is a bit small to be running against a large drum kit.

Would it be worth buying a 2 x 12 to begin with?
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
a 2x 12 would better i guess can you get a peavey transtube in 2x12 or would i need to be looking at diffrent amps
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
just another question what isnt realated if a 50 watt tubed head is louder then a 50 watt soild state can u use a 50 watt cab for both or would u need a like special tube cab -- sorry ive only ever used combos
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
Quote by OWN3R
just another question what isnt realated if a 50 watt tubed head is louder then a 50 watt soild state can u use a 50 watt cab for both or would u need a like special tube cab -- sorry ive only ever used combos

A 50 watt tube is much louder than a 50 watt SS, I think it's around the same loudness as a 200 watt SS. Don't thiink there's any "tube" cabinets, just the power rating of the amp will determine if you can use it with louder amps.

Another brand to check out is a Randall G3 2 x 12, got a really nice sound to it, check it out if you can and see if you like it.
Quote by darkstar2466

You are an idiot. Idiots get punished. You will be punished.
ok thanks i will do thanks for the help
peavey exp special
epipphone sg g310
i have the bandit 112, and i like it lots, it actually does pretty well keeping up with the drums (metal drumming). the only problem is that the 1x12 starts to get tired after about 30 min of really loud playing (as you'd expect) and deteriarates in sound quality, cause the 1x12 on its own cant handle the bass to well at that volume (thats why im getting a peavey 6505 combo with the 2x12's, and 60 watt tube :p! ). I did think about daisy chaining a cab with it, but thought it was time to move on. have fun with the amp, it's a good one.

P.S I use a boss me-50 for distortion (on the clean channell), i dont use the lead channel anymore. lead channel's still very good but, just easier to use the bboss distortion.
There's no point spending £180 quid on an amp then £140 on a cab, just buy a better amp instead. Ignore watts, it doesn't mean an awful lot, the cab wouldn't give you an "extra" 100 watts, it'd just give you more speakers.

Get this, it's loud enough and it wounds better - just stick your pedal through it and you'll be fine.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/vc30-112/380
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 21, 2008,
Quote by steven seagull
There's no point spending £180 quid on an amp then £140 on a cab, just buy a better amp instead. Ignore watts, it doesn't mean an awful lot, the cab wouldn't give you an "extra" 100 watts, it'd just give you more speakers.

Get this, it's loud enough and it wounds better - just stick you're pedal through it and you'll be fine.

are you talking to me or him? anyway, im not getting a cab with my new amp?, im just saying, the bandit's plenty loud enough it just doesnt spread the sound enough, were as getting a cab would. but if u get a cab, you may as well get a head or a 2x12 combo.
Quote by souls_of_black
are you talking to me or him? anyway, im not getting a cab with my new amp?, im just saying, the bandit's plenty loud enough it just doesnt spread the sound enough, were as getting a cab would. but if u get a cab, you may as well get a head or a 2x12 combo.

the threadstarter of course - you didn't ask a question.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com