who is loving all the new school thrash metal bands around? its great that true metal is making a comeback, so long as they dont have glam revivals.....anyways, i was introduced to thrash by the holy metallica, and my eyes were opened to an entirely new way of melting ones face off...there are so many amazing new bands capturing the brutality of old scholl thrash like exodus, megadeth and slayer (even if kerry kings solos are a bit boring). i wonder what will be net? theres absolutely no hope of there ever being a nu nu metal.... hehe
What bands are bringing back thrash?
Oct. 20th, 2009: New guitar AND front row for Mars Volta.

Quote by denizenz
Is that a ukulele in your pants, or did you just rip ass to the tune of "Aloha Oi"?

I met Sonic Youth on June 30th, and Mars Volta on Oct 20th.
what new trash bands?
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
bands like Evile, Municipal Waste, Warbringer, Bonded by Blood, Sanctity etc are examples of bands that I know that are part of the "new school" thrash metal
i reckon evile is definately the BEST new school thrash band, they are absolutely amazing. and **** whoever doesnt like thrash
99% of the new thrash is note for note generic thrash that has already been done back in the 80s, by Dark Angelm Razor, Kreator etc. Its basiccly a nostalgia revival. BTW, Pantera is not thrash.
Thrash, along with power metal sadly, is one genre of metal that is musically stagnate.

But, there is a difference. Thrash metal is stagnate and the vocals are annoying.

Power metal is musically stagnate only, and some bands are actually doing something new.
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Big thrash thread in metal forum
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic