I went to GC on Sunset blvd here in LA, the mecca of guitar centers in CA. It was absurd the history you could feel in a place like that. ALso because they had so many guitars it all felt different than my visit to Sam Ash in the SFValley the night before.

anyways i tried a few guitars: am standard, mim standard, highway one, a used 91 MIJ Am standard, am standard deluxe.... then the Am 62 reissue....this one just felt right. it was something about how smooth the neck played. i am a beginner so i only know a few songs but every song i played felt really smooth. i had a higher accuracy rate than usual. i did my scales and it was just so easy. i picked this one up first in fact and kept going back to it as i tried all the other strats.

i walked out of the place in love with the guitar. the only reason i didnt walk out of the place WITH it is because i didnt have enough money to buy it. i needed a night to think about a 1400 dollar purchase when my budget was originally 1000 for an American Std. But i must say the 62 put the AM Std to shame at least in my novice hands. I could only imagine what a pro would think...

I think i might have to get that one. F*ck me.
Quote by 100%guitarmad
So what's the question?

Chill out, he had a good day with a guitar! I remember the first time I tried a real stratocaster, it was only a MIM but it felt lightyears ahead of what I had been practising with till that point! It had such a nice feel, everything I played felt that much easier, I dont think you will regret buying it, it will retain its value! Try and haggle, see if they can drop the price a bit for you?
Diezel, Motherfucker
should just go ahead and buy it, cause you are going to eventually.. why wait
I know that you've fallen in love in this certain guitar, but maybe it's just about it being a '62 RI. There are other similar reissues out there, which also have this awesome 7.25 radius vintage neck, and you can get them for less money.

Be sure to check out old Japanese Fender Squiers from Japan, even though they have 'Squier' on their headstock they kick ass and are basically either '57 or '62 RI, so something just for you. Of course you'd have to get them used, but it's not a problem, especially that they are cheaper than American Standards, and with the spare money you could upgrade the pickups or something.

Try'em, I have one and I'd never give it away.
Quote by mh400nt
Chill out, he had a good day with a guitar! I remember the first time I tried a real stratocaster, it was only a MIM but it felt lightyears ahead of what I had been practising with till that point! It had such a nice feel, everything I played felt that much easier, I dont think you will regret buying it, it will retain its value! Try and haggle, see if they can drop the price a bit for you?

There's just something about strats, i can't not love them..... heh
I want a '62 Strat, and then change the bridge. If I had that and a Marshall Bluesbreaker/Fender Bassman (with a good OD) my GAS will be over.

Oh yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
i was actually thinking about finding a miexican reissue 62 and seeing if it was just a neck thing or what. but the tone out of it was incredible as was the fit and finish. i will know more by the time the day is over.... and if i do get it i will post all the new baby pics.
I'm kind of afraid to ask, but what amp will you be running that through?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by defjef
i was actually thinking about finding a miexican reissue 62 and seeing if it was just a neck thing or what. but the tone out of it was incredible as was the fit and finish. i will know more by the time the day is over.... and if i do get it i will post all the new baby pics.

There is no Mexican '62 RI. There is a Classic Player '60 axe, told to be pretty nice, but it seems that the neck is different from American '62 RI because it has 12' radius and American one has vintage 7.25 radius.

That's why I've recommended you the Japanese RI which has comfy neck and 7.25 radius.
you should have checked the vintage room in the back, downstairs past the acoustic area.

PURE PR0N!

seriously they had vintage lefty les pauls which amazed me and a lefty strat that i could buy a car for.

though i don't like some of the people that work there.

and the pog i tried there was defective.

other then that good shiz
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
YEAH! i went into that room and played a few vintage strats to compare to. it was ridiculous the kind of guitars they had in there. i played a $5,000 strat that felt so frickin good. it was absurd
Quote by defjef
YEAH! i went into that room and played a few vintage strats to compare to. it was ridiculous the kind of guitars they had in there. i played a $5,000 strat that felt so frickin good. it was absurd

they have a 24,000 dollar lefty strat..... luckily i wont ruin my credit buy it then file bankruptcy on the fact that strats make me go
Guitars-LEFTY
Bernie Rico Jr. Custom Jekyll
Schecter ATX
Schecter Tempest Cust.
Ibanez GIO
Amps
Laney VH100R-Sell/Trade?? pm me
Cube 15
Misc.
THD HOT plate Attentuator and other stuff
i will need to save up for a proper amp to be honest... i am getting a vox DA5 to practice on at first. my logic is that i am buying a cheap amp that i wont want to sell in the future. i could always keep it for practice uses. I will have to save up a bit to be able to get a good tube amp...