Hey UG, just thought I'd start a thread for covers. Pretty much the idea of a pub gig, it fit as many well know/catchy songs into about half and hour to an hour. So pretty much, put you guitar in standard and let it rip. If you're good you'll get called up again, if you're **** they'll be nice and never talk to you again..

We mix it up, depending on what the crowd seems to like, eg. If it's middle age men we'll play more metallica/classic rock, if it's a group of high school girls we might drop it into C and play some Bullet or Avenged. You've got to play to your crowd, and keep in mind that the show might go under/overtime. If they like your preformance you will quite often get asked to play some extra songs for some more cash.

Our Setlist - (we generally play combinations of these songs)

Paralizer - Finger Eleven
Helicopter - Bloc Party
Song For Clay - Bloc Party
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
One - Metallica
Enter Sandman - Metallica
American Idiot - Greenday
Holiday - Greenday
Tears Don't Fall - BFMV
All These Things I Hate - BFMV
Scream Aim Fire - BFMV (rarely)
My Apocolypse - Escape the Fate
Situations - Escape the Fate
Seize the Day - A7x
Any Blink 182 Song - Blink 182 (only if we are really desperate)
Through The Fire and The Flames - Dragon Force (only about the first two minutes usually as a joke)
Holy Wars - Megadeth
Trust - Megadeth
Symphony of Destruction - Megadeth
When I Get Home You're So Dead - Mayday Parade
Jersey Girl - Mayday Parade

A lot of this is just mainstream bull****, but it's not how good you are, it's about how entertaining you are. We might throw in an origional here and there to satisfy our egos.

Seriously though, none of this would be possible without UG, so special thanks. Seriously guys.

TJ - Discus

Edit: I missed a few of our regulars.

Poison - Alice Cooper
Rooftops - LostProphets
Don't Cry - GnR
KoHD - Mix between the GnR and Dylan version

and we've played some really heavy songs but it's really rare that we do. Depends what the audience likes. We the venue will generally say what they want us to play.

In Your Face - CoB
Are You Dead Yet - CoB
Scream Aim Fire - BFMV
Last edited by UltimateDud at Jul 20, 2008,
Its a Long way to the Top If you wannam rock and roll is a good one if one of your mates plays the bagpipes Lol
For cover-based setlists, here's what the band I'm in usually does:

1) For Whom The Bell Tolls (Metallica)
2) Original song - Standard tuning
3) Original song - Standard tuning
4) Zombie (The Cranberries) - tweaked for a more "metal" vibe
5) Seven Nation Army (White Stripes) - more "metal" tweaking
6) Whiskey in the Jar (Thin Lizzy/Metallica)
7) Original song - Drop D
8) Original song - Drop D
9) Say It Ain't So (Weezer) - transcribed over to Drop D

We use the extended bass drum/bass guitar jam to start "Bells" - it gets people moving before we really even start the song.

The "Zombie Nation Whiskey" cover set in the middle gives the audience a series of songs that they already know and can connect with. We've even just gone with drums and bass during the chorus of "Zombie" and had the audience sing along. It's an awesome feeling.

"Say It Ain't So" is probably the best way we've found to close a set. It's one thing to have the guys in the audience headbanging and moshing away to "Bells" or "Whiskey," but it's quite another to have a hundred or so chicks force their way to the front so that they can headbang along with the choruses at the end of a show.

Then, we set the guitars down and jump into the front of the audience to meet the ladies.

Again - Alice in Chains
Zero - Smashing Pumpkins
Bound for the Floor - Local H
Walk - Pantera
Crazy Bitch - Buckcherry
Slither - Velvet Revolver
Remedy - Seether
Dead and Bloated - Stone Temple Pilots
The Kill - 30 Seconds to Mars
My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
anything by Metallica
My Gear