alright, I have been playing for about two years and just have never used pedals before just because I never really needed it. Me and my band are now doing the song kryptonite and that needs an overdrive in it when it goes from clean to a little distorted. So I bought one. My question is I am not sure what you use it for, I know you can use it on clean to add a little gain, but can you use it on overdrive to add more punch, and if you do what should your settings be. BTW I just got a Peavey Valveking used for 250 if that is needed and I have a strat like everyone and a PRS SE.
you can use it on lead channel as well...if it's OD...you can't use distortion pedal on lead tho.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
yeah it is a boss overdrive pedal one of the cheaper but not cheapest ones. So I can use it on overdrive to? What would be good amp settings so the pedal is not a waste.
personally I hate the sound of my distortion pedal on the high and low gain channels of my amp... it just sounds too muddled. Thats just me though
If you want to use it to boost the amp's distortion just turn the gain down low, if not to zero and whack the level up.

Quote by don kappyton
personally I hate the sound of my distortion pedal on the high and low gain channels of my amp... it just sounds too muddled. Thats just me though

Let me guess...solid state?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jul 19, 2008,
alright so to use it on a distorition setting on my amp, turn the gain to one, and put it a lot higher on the pedal, then turn the leval up on the amp? sorry about all these questions I just really want to know how to use it.
why dont u just play around with it and find a setting u like?
its not like that hard ....
Quote by jking948
alright so to use it on a distorition setting on my amp, turn the gain to one, and put it a lot higher on the pedal, then turn the leval up on the amp? sorry about all these questions I just really want to know how to use it.

No, that's completely the opposite of what I said.

Set your amp however you'd usually have it, have the gain on the PEDAL at 0 and use the level to boost the signal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
No, that's completely the opposite of what I said.

Set your amp however you'd usually have it, have the gain on the PEDAL at 0 and use the level to boost the signal.

oh ok, thats why it wasn,t working you gotta be specific.