so a friend of mine joined one of my lessons the other day and he said i played just like my teacher, we had the same style.

so i was wondering does this happen to everyone? do you think you play the same style as your teacher i would think this would be the case for most people.

also if you dont have a teacher, do you think if you got one now it would change your playing style?
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
My teacher opens up alot of musical options to me. He tells me about people that I would never have heard of.
I don't have a guitar teacher, so I devolped my own style. Yeah.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Nope, I play just about anything apart from what he taught me, 50's/60's rock 'n roll.
Definately not. he was a great player, but our styles are completely different.
RULE BRITANNIA
Quite a bit
Hull City A.F.C

Quote by Thrashtastic15
crunkym toy diuckl;ess ass ****igkjn ****** **** bitch ass pussy ****er douchecanoe ****** **** you s omn cnt you lieet le biutch
Yes. I want to play the excact opposite of what he plays.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I only had a teacher for about 3 lessons but he introduced me to Rage Against the Machine and taught me some brilliant flea bass-lines from Red Hot Chili Pepper songs I never heard of.
sincewhen??

Quote by Mannypedraza
Today, me and my gf went to the movies. During, i put my hand down her shorts.
I keep smelling my hand as of now....anything wrong with me?
teh pronz
Nah He plays more folk stuff, which i like to play but my style is blues .
R.I.P Jon Lord, Rory Gallagher and Jimi!
Absolutely, he's taught me so much about jazz and altered/extended chords and such, I mean it's easy to learn chords from a chord sheet but applying them into your own music is something different. He taught me that and it's also helped me take out a lot of more advanced songs by ear.
I only took a couple of lessons and I developed some incredibly bad habits from my teacher, I fret powerchords and octaves with my index and pinky, so I find it very tricky to do runs and chromatics etc.
ohai little sig.
I must say as a soloist not at all but as far as chords rhythms go yes

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
My teacher is a versatile machine, so he doesn't have just one style for anything, really. But, I would say as far as rock soloing, yes he's influenced my style.
Quote by dubstar92
Sparks92 is made of win

Member #26 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.
PM stepco12345 to join!

Last edited by Sparks92 : Tomorrow at 13:37 AM.
I played classical first and it had quite an impact on my style. I harmonise a lot and hide arpeggios here and there to get a very full sound. So yeah, at least my first teacher influenced me a lot. My current teacher rather influenced my approach to practicing than my actual style.
Not at all. I always played how I wanted to, I don't really think he had that much of an effect to be honest.

He plays Alternative rock, I play Progessive metal and hardcore. He hates 7 strings, I love them.