Page 1 of 2
I was watching The Porky Pig Show a little while ago and realized how sexist some of the cartoons were. The one I saw had a mouse wife having a conversation with her huband. This is roughly how the diologue went.

Husband Mouse: I have an idea I will just make a fake dog to get by that cat.

Mouse Wife: You are going through too much trouble. Why don't you just.....

Husband Mouse: Why don't you shut up woman!

I laughed and realized this could be a funny thread. So post cartoons that were probably alright at the time, but not so much now.
Tom and Jerry its every form of -ist i can think of but i love it!
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
What you mean alright "at that time?"

It's always alright to tell women to shut up.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Lame example, but I always thought the chinese guy in 'Lucky Luke' was a walking talking cliché. Kinda racist, didn't keep me from enjoying the movies though.
Quote by TheQuailman
Lame example, but I always thought the chinese guy in 'Lucky Luke' was a walking talking cliché. Kinda racist, didn't keep me from enjoying the movies though.

well that's something else. Asterix and Obelix consist mainly of stereotypes of various cultures, but that doesn't make them racist.

the chinese guy wasn't really shown as an inferior being, it was just a stereotype.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
I saw one where the British were asking the Irish to help keep India away from the Russians and the Irish told them to go away and look after their own nlggers

It was dated 1882
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Another example is The Siamese Twin Gang from Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers. Asian cats who work a dry-cleaning business and speak "Engrish". They also sell a master Kung- Fu artist fish for 20 dead fish.
Quote by chilldude
kill yourself

Goodbye cruel world. At least when I'm dead, I'll be spared having to read Garfield.
PPPPPPPOSTFINDER
Ren and Stimpy.
I went onto youtube to find some examples but you need to sign in to watch them
But I can't be botherd signing in.
We had a cartoon in Holland calles Alfred Jodocus Kwak. he was a duck living with a mole in a clog.. anyhow.. somewhat during the second season an old school friend of him assaults te state, his name was Dolf (adolf) and he was a blackbird wanting to be a crow.
Therefor he deyed his beak black and let anyone he didn't like be taken away.
Also in one episode Alfred visits an Island where black people are heavily discriminated.
He meets his Grilfriend Winnie (Mandela's wife) here.

Yep and it was suited for people around 5-7 years xD
Quote by Tatakai!
Ren and Stimpy.
I went onto youtube to find some examples but you need to sign in to watch them
But I can't be botherd signing in.

But they do that on purpose, don't they? The cartoon was never supposed to be politically correct in the first place.
Anyway it is awesome.
In an episode of Two Stupid Dogs, a taxi driver is an Asian looking person with robe, sandals and turban.
Quote by blynd_snyper
By right at that time he meant the male mouse didn't hit is wife too, nowadays if he had forgotten to do that he'd be in jail.

Ah yes. Can't tell a woman off without hitting her.

And they say chivalry is dead!

Quote by blackflag49
haji from johnny quest.

lulz, turban..

I don't see a problem here.
I saw an Archie comic that was pretty funny...

Veronica:help, HELP!
Archie:I'll save you
Veronica:Was it hard to get over to me?
Archie: not really, but i did have to beat off three other guys to get to you.

Behind them very subtley there were three boys with black eyes etc., but they were easy to ignore for the comical hilarity at first glance.
Quote by TheQuailman
But they do that on purpose, don't they? The cartoon was never supposed to be politically correct in the first place.
Anyway it is awesome.

I read something about it and it turns out they had a normal one but after a couple of series they changed it to the way I rememeber it; endless sex refrences and innendos.
Got to love it but
Does anyone remember "Speedy Gonzales" and his really lazy Mexican friends?
It's not a cartoon but the Swedish book/show Pippi says her dad is the king of nig g ers cause (if I remember correctly) he is the owner of a south sea island or something something
Quote by Carmel
You are a redeeming feature for the UG Swedish population.

All-riiight.
Last edited by billybusa at Jul 19, 2008,
The crows in Dumbo are the definition of black people. Wait, I mean racism. Or do I?
Quote by Vincent Vega
Haikus are awesome
but sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Quote by KissingShadows
People always tell me I solo like Zakk Wylde. Thats how I know that I suck.
Quote by punkbri
Does anyone remember "Speedy Gonzales" and his really lazy Mexican friends?

No wonder Speedy was the only one who made it past border patrol...
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by Kensai
I don't see a problem here.
it's not the turban, in the old cartoon he's an all-around walking stereotype.

and @ the crows in dumbo..
Quote by Fi-Fi
We had a cartoon in Holland calles Alfred Jodocus Kwak. he was a duck living with a mole in a clog.. anyhow.. somewhat during the second season an old school friend of him assaults te state, his name was Dolf (adolf) and he was a blackbird wanting to be a crow.
Therefor he deyed his beak black and let anyone he didn't like be taken away.
Also in one episode Alfred visits an Island where black people are heavily discriminated.
He meets his Grilfriend Winnie (Mandela's wife) here.

Yep and it was suited for people around 5-7 years xD

how in the world is that racist??? that's social commentary, that show was/is genious!
Quote by blackflag49
it's not the turban, in the old cartoon he's an all-around walking stereotype.

and @ the crows in dumbo..

All people from india are stereotypes.
Tom & Jerry.
Back then it was seemed so normal to me, but when you think about it, it would be more likely to see Jesus pooping peanut butter sandwiches on the street than to see the likes of that cartoon appearing on TV today.
They had guns, smoking, and racial stereotypes. Remember the blackface tribesmen?

No wonder I don't enjoy TV today. Stuff as harmless as ol' Tom and Jerry had to be censored. They even edited out the maid as she was depicted as "a poor black women with a rodent problem".
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Last edited by shotbythepope at Jul 19, 2008,
Hell yeah Icarus. I love that episode where Jerry hops and a train and goes to town hoping to start a new life there. Classic.
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by shotbythepope
Tom & Jerry.
Back then it was seemed so normal to me, but when you think about it, it would be more likely to see Jesus pooping peanut butter sandwiches on the street than to see the likes of that cartoon appearing on TV today.
They had guns, smoking, and racial stereotypes. Remember the blackface tribesmen?

No wonder I don't enjoy TV today. Stuff as harmless as ol' Tom and Jerry had to be censored. They even edited out the maid as she was depicted as "a poor black women with a rodent problem".

Tom and Jerry is still aired.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/tv_shows/tomjerry/index.html
Quote by shotbythepope
Hell yeah Icarus. I love that episode where Jerry hops and a train and goes to town hoping to start a new life there. Classic.

I'm seventeen and I still laugh like a dumbass when I watch it. The funniest bit ever was when Jerry was in a tyre and Tom hit it with a sledge hammer and it bounced back and whalloped him in the face.
I think there was a TinTin in Africa thing that's currently regarded as rather non-PC.
But thats just typical of those damn Belgians!
I grew up watching Tom and Jerry, that show owned in every aspect.
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Page 1 of 2