Hi guys

I've been playing guitar for about a year now and a few days ago i noticed that my thumb sometimes hits / touches the above strings when playing with a pic.

For example if i hit the a-String with a pic my thumb sometimes touches the low E string.
I dont know whether this is normal or if i should try to avoid this .

Hope you guys can help me.
Thanks, Jul1anpsp.
You should move your finger up on the pick so they're not as close to the strings, or just practice doing it right. I don't know, I bet this has happened to a lot of people. I never really noticed it in my own playing.
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
doesn't happen to me but when you do pinch harm./artifical harm.s you let your thumb hit the string your picking, but ive never had a problem with it hitting the next string or two over
Quote by asfastasdark
You should move your finger up on the pick so they're not as close to the strings, or just practice doing it right. I don't know, I bet this has happened to a lot of people. I never really noticed it in my own playing.

I used to have that problem, but yeah just move your finger. Unless you're using a really small pick. Try a bigger one?
it should be fine unless it is making unwanted noise come through, such as accidental harmonics, or a rubbing of the string noise.
Thanks for your replies

I think it doesnt make any unwanted noise, i just dont want to learn a wrong technic :/.

Hmm im using a Dunlop heavy pic, very standard i guess but im not sure about moving my finger up on the pic since i heard a lot of people saying that its better to have your fingers nearer at the bottom of the pic

thanks,
jul1anpsp
Last edited by jul1anpsp at Jul 23, 2008,