suppose someone starts with a squire strat or any other low end guitar and someone else starts with a fender stratocaster MIA...after the first year, who would have made further progress??
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Whoever practiced the best
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Quote by Ænimus Prime
Whoever practiced the best

+1
Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser Deluxe
Boss DS-1
Crate GTD65

GAS List:
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster
it completely depends on the player,

even if u had a gibson, if you dont practice you wont get better
"I'm gonna put a curse on you and all your kids will be born completely naked" - Jimi Hendrix
Thats strange. I play on a Squier Strat and I think I've surpassed my friends (with their Deans and B.C. Riches) long ago lol
Quote by HoldYourColour
Thats strange. I play on a Squier Strat and I think I've surpassed my friends (with their Deans and B.C. Riches) long ago lol

time to upgrade man squires are good but if your better then its time to get something better then that, plus it's true, i started on a Harmony and surpassed my friends that started on strats and there other high end guitars
Definatly only has to do with practice. Not even time practiced but time spent on quality practice.

I have a nice strat and ive played on squiers and Ill be honest I dont think squiers are that bad. It feels the same so if you played a squier and then a strat one should only hear the difference in the guitars tone/sound not any difference in playing ability.

I noticed in your sig that you have a strat. Is a friend trying to hold this against you as a reason why he can't play as good or something? If so bitch slap that friend for me.