Hi all.

Well now that I'm in the market for guitars, I'm having trouble finding one that fits my specs: 25.5" scale, Mahogany, standard frets, fixed bridge, HH setup. What would be a good guitar to fit these specs? My budget is approximately $1000-$1500 if I need to push it. It will primarily be used to play heavier stuff but decent cleans would be nice.
Carvin
+1
"so did you do anything hardocore today?"

"yeah dude i went to the bathroom and pluged up the toilet like hardcore! water would not stop coming out of it! It was like eddie van halen was playing Eruption in my bathroom! If van halen was a toilet
dude...those specs aren't realy hard to find.
You could go with an lp like imposiitin said, mabey an SG.
there's tons of guitars with those specs
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
Check out ESP/LTD Guitars
Quote by Birdy266
Otherkid your a genius

Silence is Golden But Duck Tape Is Silver

cream fanclub member 2

The Rabbi of Zeppelinism

Member #2 of the Red Sox Fanclub. PM Gibson06 to join.

^^If an LP had a 25.5 scale then it'd be perfect. Unfortunately, it doesn't so...
you don't have to get a gibson, there's alot of gibson copycats
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
^The copies I've seen (Edwards, LTD) have 24.75 scales. Are there any others that have something closer to 25.5? I just like the wider fret spacing a lot...
^All of those appear to have jumbo frets. I'm looking for something with frets that aren't so bulky to facilitate easy slides.
Only solution I can think of for you is warmoth... sorry.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by ameer
^All of those appear to have jumbo frets. I'm looking for something with frets that aren't so bulky to facilitate easy slides.

If you want a thin neck try some of the high end ibanez rgs with wizard fast frets, I'm pretty sure there's a few without floyd roses, they're also REAL nice guitars.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
^^Ugh... I was afraid of that. Okay, I'll be flexible on the scale length. How are the Edwards LPs with the JB/59 combo?
Quote by ameer
^^Ugh... I was afraid of that. Okay, I'll be flexible on the scale length. How are the Edwards LPs with the JB/59 combo?

Hmm, sorry to suggest a common guitar, but the sg is good for what you want 24 3/4 inch scale, they have good cleans and enough bite for the heavier stuff and versatility for other genres, also they have good looks. I would also suggest a les paul but I personally prefer the sg because of the neck is thinner, the les paul is probaly better for regular acoustic users and has more versatility, but the sg is much better looking then the les paul in my opinion.
What I want in my rig (Bold = gear I have):
Ibanez SZ-520QM
Vintage VECJ100BK
Epiphone Dot
Laney VC15
Boss GE7
Boss SD1
Zoom G2
haha the first thing that comes to mind is the esp LTD michael paget sig. mahogany, medium frets, fixed bridge, 2 humbuckers, 25.5", $1000ish. wow. thats the funniest thing it's all perfect. you may not like the king v design though. im just gonna say les paul or sg just to get it out there. you're specs are impossible unless you custom it or buy the padge guitar
Jackson RR5 ivory w/ EMG 81/85
Jackson DX6 w/ SD Distortion & Dimarzio Super Distortion
Fender Starcaster Sunburst
Mesa/Boogie DC-3
Johnson JT50 Mirage
Ibanez TS-9
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss CE-5

ISP Decimator
Boss DD-6
Korg Pitchblack
ermmmm

go ESP LTD or jackson
those are the ones that i think of first
but id keep your eye out on local guitar shops

and try the net im sure theres a website that will find your guitar for you
Carvin. And to the guys recommending ESPs/Jacksons/whatever:
Quote by ameer
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?