Its probably been made but i cant find it so....discuss 'bout slash i want to hear what u think
i think this has been made
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
i think this has been made....but anyway Slash is a good guitarist. Notice how i said good. He is not a god. He gets too much credit for songs that other band members probably thought of/created. Anyway Velvet Revolver sucks, and Gun's n Roses had another guitar player that nobody ever hears about. Maybe he was just as good as Slash....
I personally believe that Slash is given much more credit than he deserves. Regardless of songwriting, his guitar playing is very unimpressive compared with that of the names he is often put up against. That is not to say that he is a poor guitarist, but I believe he is elevated to a higher level than he deserves.

I know he is often praised for his solos, but personally I don't like most of them. There's occasionally good phrasing, but his tone (another aspect people praise) is solos such as November Rain (which is often cited as one of his best) makes me cringe.

In general I'm not a fan of his music, but if you are, thread starter, and others, that's fine by me: to each his own.
overrated by far
Quote by thegreensquall
ok so one time i was totally wanking and then my mom walked in and my cat was in my room... she knocked first so i grabbed my cat and put it on my lap and started petting it to cover up but then i jizzed on my cat..
Quote by TheHeartbreaker
I personally believe that Slash is given much more credit than he deserves. Regardless of songwriting, his guitar playing is very unimpressive compared with that of the names he is often put up against. That is not to say that he is a poor guitarist, but I believe he is elevated to a higher level than he deserves.

I know he is often praised for his solos, but personally I don't like most of them. There's occasionally good phrasing, but his tone (another aspect people praise) is solos such as November Rain (which is often cited as one of his best) makes me cringe.

In general I'm not a fan of his music, but if you are, thread starter, and others, that's fine by me: to each his own.

Yeah, but it sounds ****loads better.

You cringe way too easily, November rain is the real ****(in a good way).
Last edited by slashrock94 at Jul 19, 2008,
He inspired me to play electric guitar. And one day I'll get a yelllow Les Paul like his tattood on my buttcheek. He's my all time favourite guitarist and I'd love to meet him. Guns N' Roses are the greatest band EVER to me and Velvet revolver were decent but I can't wait to hear them with a new singer.
Slash is awesome,

Gunz n Roses was awesome, im not into Velvet Revolver, they lost their...awesomeness.., i say slash is not overrated but correctly rated (what?)

His playing style is very original, he has that nice blues/ rock sound, november rains solo is amazing, he puts so much emotion into that song, it was simple (even he said it was simple) but it was really good
I see you're not using the UG black theme

Originally posted by GOD
akm_202, i now announce you, king of awesome. You may bow down to me.
**** hes not overrated hes up in my top 5 favorite along with hendrix, brian may, jimmy page, and eric clapton.
yeah vr kinda sucks though
escept the last fight
I'm in the club that thinks Slash is overrated. He's a good guitarist, but he's not really doing anything interesting. He just took what Hendrix, Page, Clapton, etc. did before him and made it relevant and popular again. He gets way overhyped by a small minority of 12 year olds who heard Sweet Child on the radio and say he's the best guitarist ever to seem cool and/or knowledgable. Although I'm also willing to admit he gets much more **** then he deserves because of the said minority making stupid comments, which causes people to hate him because of reasons that have little or nothng to do with his playing.
He's better at guitar hero then real guitar.
Last.fm

Fender Deluxe Players Strat > Big Muff > LPB-1 > Moog Ring Mod > MXR Dynacomp > MXR Phase 90 '74 > Fender Hot Rod 410 (soon)
4 me he is very gooooood ! he played in guns'n'roses of course and he is very technical guitarist
...Bike And Metal Forever...